millennials/money/adulthood

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: millennials/money/adulthood

Post by notes1 »

on the cnbc website, was an article stating that millennials are finally seeing the light, when it comes to where to settle down. the trend was that they were in large numbers after college, moving to big cities, with high cost of living. and now, many are moving to less expensive areas. they are not going to rural america, but rather skipping the nyc, la, san fran and even seattle.

i could never see the draw of paying $4k (or whatever it is) to live in a 800 sq ft apartment in the big apple. just so one could walk out their door and have huge selection of bars, shops, museums, etc. i could never stand the noise and i always wanted a place without neighbors on the other side of the drywall.

but, obviously the appeal is there for many.

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

Those tech jobs...

My sister in law went to some expensive out of state school, never graduated (but only a few courses short) but man, those companies pay well. She has bounced around from Chicago to Austin and is considering San Fran. She updated her online profile and 6-figure job offers keep rolling in. Sounds like a good gig - work from home "pick the hours you are most productive". Massages and lunch at the office, ect. She has no desire to own a house, have kids ect.

My kid, who is only 3, I wonder what his future holds? Hopefully, he goes to college for a field he can actually be gainfully employed. If not, I'll encourage him to learn a trade. Electrician, plumber, stone mason, ect. But with the astromical costs of college these days, for questionable degrees, it almost seems like a racket. $400 for one book??!!

This blue-dog democrat is voting Trump in 2020. All this free stuff, isn't free. I look at my pay stub, damn all these taxes. Where will taxes go if the dems follow through with all their ideas? I shudder to think. I've been fortunate to land a good job right out of college, not in my field, but college degree got me hired. I don't mind paying my fair share to keep the country going and to help the less fortunate, but generational welfare? Food stamps, section 8, "free"healthcare, utility assistance, free cellphones. Where is the incentive to do better? I know a guy who said, "I would rather quit than work overtime, if I make too much I'll lose my SNAP benefits. I was at the store the other day and the people in front of me had a whole cart full of crap: snack cakes, chips, pop ect. - paid for by EBT. You are welcome.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

this Catholic republican will also be voting for trump 2020 !!!!!!!!!

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

those who are or claim to be needing, vote. many of those the crossing border illegally are needy and if allowed, they will vote. and, which way does one think all those needy folks will vote, for the one who says they will give them the most. the more folks who are dependent, the more votes there will be for those who promise the most 'free' stuff.

you are correct, there is no such thing as free stuff, someone must pay for it, or the country must borrow the money. it will not take long before the number of folks needing/wanting free stuff, will out number those who actually pay federal tax, to cover all those needy folks.

liberal dems know this, the 'needy' are the ones whose vote they seek. they want the votes of those who desire more free stuff. they do not care about the consequences, only about getting power.

so, once again, one can dislike the guy in the white house, but which direction do you want to see the country go in. go back to the obama years, with lots of rules, regs, mandates that stifled business and innovation, or the path we are now on, with the economy growing, a sense that next year will be better than last year and more job openings than people to fill them.

for those who think that the right is unsympathetic, just a reminder. the usa allows more LEGAL immigration than all other countries.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

notes1 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:56 pm
those who are or claim to be needing, vote. many of those the crossing border illegally are needy and if allowed, they will vote. and, which way does one think all those needy folks will vote, for the one who says they will give them the most. the more folks who are dependent, the more votes there will be for those who promise the most 'free' stuff.

you are correct, there is no such thing as free stuff, someone must pay for it, or the country must borrow the money. it will not take long before the number of folks needing/wanting free stuff, will out number those who actually pay federal tax, to cover all those needy folks.

liberal dems know this, the 'needy' are the ones whose vote they seek. they want the votes of those who desire more free stuff. they do not care about the consequences, only about getting power.

so, once again, one can dislike the guy in the white house, but which direction do you want to see the country go in. go back to the obama years, with lots of rules, regs, mandates that stifled business and innovation, or the path we are now on, with the economy growing, a sense that next year will be better than last year and more job openings than people to fill them.

for those who think that the right is unsympathetic, just a reminder. the usa allows more LEGAL immigration than all other countries.
Kudos Notes! You have obviously been paying attention. :up:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto to you guys

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Why is it that the "left lurchers" never respond when facts are prevalent?
It's because they have no answers, they have no agenda for the future,they have no heart , they have no soul, all they have is a vague idea that inequity and inequality are somehow a ticket back to power.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Bottom line to me is.....so called free stuff buys votes...votes means the libs stay in power.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:11 pm
Bottom line to me is.....so called free stuff buys votes...votes means the libs stay in power.
Well said Olds. Wish i knew how to say so much without being wordy.
BTW they REALLY do think it's free.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Forget that last post. Gave credit to libs for thinking. I plead temporary insanity or some old age version thereof.