This will probably never happen again.

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
tech58
Video Poker Master

Re: This will probably never happen again.

Post by tech58 »

Congrats. again on retirement. You will wonder how you ever found time to work.
My personal goal is to be retired longer than i worked. Half way there. :up:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Me too. 2 years shy of half way

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

By the way, it was the Saturn that got retired. I have the same goal as you. Been retired since 2003. I’m playing more and more joker kings. I haven’t checked, but the varriance seems to be higher than job or deuces. However, since i have access till they pull my one favorite machine at Mohegan, I can get 940 for one for the Royal for just betting a buck at a time. Many of us seniors now are in big demand based on our experience, work ethic, etc. I was recruited way back when I retired, but life is so short, I chose to care for my parents, stay active, and of course spend more time playing vp. Its nice to know though that even today after being retired many years, the demand is still there. I also think part of it is we can be hired as consultants or part time and the employer avoids the substantial costs of benefit packages they have to pay younger folks

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Wow! Congrats!

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

WTG, Olds!

The $8k hit is on my VP bucket list, but has eluded me thus far.

One of my locals has a 99+% kings or better joker game - I've been toying with the idea of learning the strategy for it.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I guess they’ll have to eat my own words. I hit This royal flush with a Joker early today on quarters. I was playing my usual martingale clone. I cashed out of quarters Up a Nice amount and decided to go over to my favorite 800 for dt 1 Dollar machine. I decided to just spend a dollar a time on the Center line until I caught a very long dead streak. When anything more than a push hit, I had budgeted 10 consecutive plays on three lines. I just couldn’t believe a royal came out again like the other day. And a huge one at that. All went home less $200 and the horrible 7% deduction for state taxes which I will never see again.
Attachments
D07DDC42-A9EB-4E04-8834-78C7D4192A6C.jpeg
A121EF5D-0926-4076-9010-E1401EB1F5E1.jpeg

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The strategy is just a bit tricky but not bad. One of the things I ignore and I am sure I would get chastised for is holding say a suited 78 when you have nothing else. To me I know the math is with it but it is very hard to do.another one is if you hit say a pair of kings which is a paying hand, but you are supposed to toss it if you have three to a straight flush including the joker. On this one I force myself to toss the paying pair. I meant to say the paying pair includes the Joker.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

this post just reinforces how crazy and streaky VideoPoker can be. Probably no one would believe I had three instances of over 600,000 hands each without a royal over just a few years. Then a couple of days like this. As always good health and luck to all. Health being number one.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

this post just reinforces how crazy and streaky VideoPoker can be. Probably no one would believe I had three instances of over 600,000 hands each without a royal over just a few years. Then a couple of days like this. As always good health and luck to all. Health being number one.