I have no problems with Tunica---

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

I have no problems with Tunica---

Post by Tedlark »

So I traveled down to the Memphis, TN area this weekend for my twin nephew's high school graduations. I had secured a room at Hollywood Tunica earlier in the week so I was set.

After arriving at Hollywood Tunica mid-afternoon on Saturday I was able to play for about 45 minutes before heading out to meet up with my family. During this short session I was down about $400.00 playing .25 denom 10 play TDB on an All Star II machine when I was dealt junk with a single ace. I held just the ace and much to my surprise on the draw the other 3 filled in with a kicker to boot. I didn't take a picture of that hit because I was close to leaving when it hit.

After being with family it was about midnight and I decided to stop into Sam's Town, right across from Hollywood. I found a bank of Hot Roll machines, .01/.02/.05/.10 denom and settled on .02 denom. I seeded the machine with $300.00 and that was all I was going to put into the machine before heading back to Hollywood. A woman was playing the Hot Roll machine next to me at .01 denom when up popped a 10X multiplier. She was dealt 3 to the royal and on the draw she filled it in for a very nice 40,000 credit hit, paid her $400.00. My machine was hitting but then taking away, I had my original $300.00 up to $360.00 and then the slow decent down started. I was down to my last full bet when up popped an 11X multiplier and I too: was dealt 3 to the royal. The woman and I just looked at my machine, saying 2 royals couldn't hit on side by side machines. I hit draw and sure enough, I filled in the royal for 44,000 credits, $800.00. I played a little while longer, cashed out at $700.00 and headed back to Hollywood.

Getting back to Hollywood I made a beeline to that All Star II machine I was playing earlier in the day. I tried feeding money into the machine but the bill validater was malfunctioning so I went to the other All Star II machine that was on the other side of the row.

I seeded it with my grubstake and began play. I started out on .50 denom 10 play TDB. I dropped about $300.00 when I decided to switch to Deuces Double Bonus. This game was hitting and giving me some nice small hits, enough to claw back over $1,000.00 so I was happy. I was dealt 3 to the royal, pressed draw, and:
Hollywood Tunica 5-11-19.jpg
I got paid off, played for about another hour and dropped $300.00 back into the machine. I then went to bed, happy. Drove back home Sunday afternoon after spending some more time with my family in Memphis

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

No hot roll pic? :(

That hit actually sounds more impressive to me...lol

Nice run in Tunica!

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

nice hits congrats ted

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I've always wanted to try Tunica. It's a long drive from Central Florida. Did you happen to check the single line VP odds? Sounds like you had a good time.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Very nice Ted...Congrats!

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Sounds and looks like a great time, Ted. Congrats!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Vman, I should have taken a pic of the Hot Roll royal but I didn't think to do so. That way I could have silenced any naysayers, not that I think you are one of them.

Phil - I did not check single line VP odds, mainly because that's not my thing and I don't play single line. I did have an enjoyable, but rushed, trip. The weather was crappy, overcast and chilly. I did give some thought to playing a bit on Sunday but I didn't want to take a chance on traffic driving back to Chicago. I did get stopped on the drive down for 84 in a 70: got a pass (big surprise).

Thanks all.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Someone who doesn't believe in math can.just as easily not believe what his lying eyes reveal.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

billryan wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:16 am
Someone who doesn't believe in math can.just as easily not believe what his lying eyes reveal.
"Lyin' Eyes" Eagles 1975

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Tedlark wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:52 am
Vman, I should have taken a pic of the Hot Roll royal but I didn't think to do so. That way I could have silenced any naysayers, not that I think you are one of them.

Phil - I did not check single line VP odds, mainly because that's not my thing and I don't play single line. I did have an enjoyable, but rushed, trip. The weather was crappy, overcast and chilly. I did give some thought to playing a bit on Sunday but I didn't want to take a chance on traffic driving back to Chicago. I did get stopped on the drive down for 84 in a 70: got a pass (big surprise).

Thanks all.
In 2012, me and a friend were playing $5 40/10/6 DDB next to each other. I don't remember how long we were on them, but at one point he hit four aces for $4000. As he was waiting to be paid by check , I hit AWAK for $10,000. I believe he still may have the picture, and if so, I'll see if I can get it.