Dealt SF

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Dealt SF

Post by FAA »

I had just hit a BP bonus quad when I saw the man adjacent hit a dealt SF. I just read that this is a 1 in 65,000 hand event. He shrugged it off when I suggested a photo and kept playing. He threw a suggestion back at me. Keep playing, it may be hot. I collected another $12 on two hands, thanked him and left. Just stick around another handful of hands; it work.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

It seems to me like more straight flushes are dealt than hit on the draw. I believe this happens because most players don't go for them. In Deuces Wild, we go for them more than in a quad based game. The only problem is a natural straight flush pays the same as one with a wild card. The straight flush I want to be dealt is a royal flush. I have been dealt five royals in my life so far.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

With three to a SF and junk, I go for it. Another ill advised weekend chasing a hand pay for me. I at least better do this at Bally's. Never tempted to exceed $2.50 a hand there.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

FloridaPhil wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:31 am
It seems to me like more straight flushes are dealt than hit on the draw.
Lol what?

I have had 31 straight flushes since I kept track in Oct. 2013. Only 3 have been dealt.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

I agree with Vman96. I know I had one dealt. All my others were on the draw. On time I only held a king and got a straight flush.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Waiting4RF wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:04 pm
I agree with Vman96. I know I had one dealt. All my others were on the draw. On time I only held a king and got a straight flush.
Yeah King high is the only SF I have got from drawing 4. That was a bigger surprise than a dealt one.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

FAA wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:40 pm
I had just hit a BP bonus quad when I saw the man adjacent hit a dealt SF. I just read that this is a 1 in 65,000 hand event.
You should choose your reading material more closely. There are 36 possible straight flushes, making it a 1/72K event.

The only way to get to 1/65K is to include the four dealt royals as straight flushes. Since royals typically (not always) return 16 times as much as a straight flush, lumping them together is not something I would do.

In 9/6 JoB, straight flushes occur every 9,100 hands on average when you play appropriately. That is significantly more that 1 in 71,000. Straight flush frequency varies by game, of course, but NEVER are dealt straight flushes more than half of your total --- even for those in the recreational forum.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Thanks. I know the 9,100 by heart. That author obviously erroneously lumped and conflated on dealt SF figure. So at 71,000, I was even more correct in urging him to record the rare event for posterity. He didn't give a damn about dealt wrinkle. He said they come up often. Hey, keep on a gambling. It's his money.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

FAA wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:30 pm
So at 71,000, I was even more correct in urging him to record the rare event for posterity.
More correct? How so?

If you play enough you get all sorts of hands. When I played more I got those twice a month or more. No need to clog up your photo libraries.

I don't see the need to photograph royals unless it's really spectacular --- and I don't even know what a spectacular royal is? Dealt sequential for higher-than-normal stakes, perhaps? Otherwise, what's the big deal?

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

hello bob dancer , I was DEALT a SEQUENTIAL once in my 30 or so years of v poker. could u tell me the odds of that please ????