Just Amazing

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Just Amazing

Post by olds442jetaway »

Hi all I think in another post I mentioned that my dad was 95 years young on Saturday. I also mentioned he played Sax and clarinet in the big bands until they started fading in popularity in the 1950’s. Here is the amazing part. To this day, when one of the big band hits comes on either the radio, one of his cds, or on his new echo which we got him for his birthday, not only can he name rhe song and who it is by, but name the first and last names of the musician playing any given horn in the song just by the tone and style of play. I know some of the gang goes back nearly as far as this great era so you will appreciate what I am talking about! Rightnow Moonlove is playing on the Echo and right away dad says Oh that is Ray Everly singing and he had a brother named Bob Everly!!!! As I am typing this, another Glen Miller song comes on and dad says....that’s Tex Beneke on sax playing now. Dad went on to have a nice career in the Aerospace Industry for 36 years. Just a brilliant man and kind soul who never had a bad word to say about anyone. And to this day loving father. I’m so lucky to still have him. Once in awhile on a good day I will get him up to Mohegan Sun for an hour or so, but it is just to enjoy a nice lunch and a beer. Smart man.....no gambling for him.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

my father said to me and my brother, you will miss the old man when he is gone. he was so right !!!!!!!!! see him soon in heaven I hope GOD willing !!!!!!!!!

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

What a nice story about your Dad, Olds, you're so lucky to still have him with you...Thanks for sharing. And wish him a Happy "belated" Birthday too...

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

florida wishes your dad a happy birthday!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Happy Belated Birthday Dad Olds.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thank you all for the well wishes!