Supertimes play machines

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
clwn2

Supertimes play machines

Post by clwn2 »

I have heard a lot about these types of machines. The idea of having a multiplier is interesting but the additional coin per hand scares me.  I have the payout percentages from VPFW but I would like some input from our members that have experience with this game.  Is this game worth a try or is there some reason I should avoid it?
Thanks for any ideas on this subject  

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I played it a lot on my trip just because it was a lot of fun and a nice change-up from all the single line play.  The paytable was one step down from the single hand machines (not sure how the multiplier affects this though) but almost all of my bigger hits came while playing STP with the multiplier on. I'm sure I'll play it more on my next trip.

I would trust the returns on VPFW and if you can find a paytable with returns that are comparable to whatever other games you would play, it could be fun to play if you are looking for something different without much of a sacrifice.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

I have heard a lot about these types of machines. The idea of having a multiplier is interesting but the additional coin per hand scares me.  I have the payout percentages from VPFW but I would like some input from our members that have experience with this game.  Is this game worth a try or is there some reason I should avoid it?
Thanks for any ideas on this subject  

Why do you write so big?

vpguy3

Post by vpguy3 »

I am not a big fan of STP. I just don't feel the multiplier comes up often enough to warrant the extra coin per hand. The "average" is about once every fourteen hands but I have had several stretches as long as 30 hands without a multiplier and I was playing ten play....OUCH on the bankroll A bit too volatile for my liking; could be because, unlike Eduardo, I have never had a really good win on this game.

chuck arl

Post by chuck arl »

I posted this story once before, but it's probably worth another post. I was playing STP next to an older man who was playing 10 play for nickels. The machine dealt hima royal, and he complained loudly that there was no multiplier that went along with the win. Talk about greedy!---CWA---

stephmo

Post by stephmo »

I really love this game, but you need to have a large enough bankroll to be able to play on it for any length of time. I have had some nice hits on this game-I have had a royal with a 5x multiplier, 4 aces with a 10x multiplier, and have been dealt 4 oak with a 3x mulitplier. I have also lost more than enough to make up for the wins. I have found that in order to make the "most" of the multiplier, I need to play 10 play, so that when I do get a multiplier, I have a better chance of hitting something. That is why you need to have a sizable enough bankroll. This game is not for the faint hearted, or budget player, unless they get very lucky.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

Stephmo got it about right. With sufficient bankroll there are some real earnings possibilities on STP. Most of the players I have observed come in with a couple of hundred bucks, lose it quickly, and complain loudly. If you play $1 on 10 play it is $60 a hand and you need a substantial bankroll with you to carry you well down the road. I play it a lot and I am way up; however, understand please that I am way up because of hitting occasional whopper hands while losing the vast majority of hands. That is the very nature of the game. If you just want to fart around with it and have fun, find it in the nickle variety and keep your investment small.

clwn2

Post by clwn2 »

Thanks for your reponses.  I just was looking for some players experienced with this game.  It sounds like it takes a big bankroll to play.  I will be in Vegas over New Years.  I will give it a whirl and let you all know how I like it.  I have had good luck with it on VPFW but I will never be able to repeat the three royals and 2 4awk.   Haha right. 
Sorry Mr Dinger , I will use smaller print.  My eyesight must be getting bad 

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

dietrichd
Forum Newbie

Post by dietrichd »

I only play STP 10 Play DDB.  I have hit the royal with the 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X and the 10X.   Still looking for the 8X.

Had the royal dealt twice last year on 10 play as well.  Closest to the big one is 4 to the royal with the 10X, and once with the 5X.  Bummer....

The 10X royal was at the Rio last Dec, held a Queen of Spades, and the rest came in!! 

Also hit 4J's dealt with 8X, 4K's dealt with the 5X, and bunches of other 4oak with a multiplier.

I agree, large bankroll.  At $15 per hand, I have a theory of "Play till you hit a taxable".  This means bankroll, and time.  I have only had that fail once.   The worst event was $2800 in, and then got a $3200 taxable...Whew! 

On STP Spin Poker, hit 4A's dealt with 4X, and 4 2's dealt with the 5X, and caught the kicker on a couple, plus a bunch of others single with a multiplier.

Took Atlantis in Reno for over 110K in W2G's, and Harrahs group for over 45K last year.   First year EVER up....  

Good luck!