Loser Winner

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: Loser Winner

Post by billryan »

Many people here can't seem to accept that the object of video poker is not to get Royal Flushs. Until they do, the rest is just noise.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I think it's okay for people have different objectives. Mine are definitely different from yours.

I think advantage players need to be able to "look past" the thrill of a royal flush.

Recreational players who play frequently need to understand the cost of their play beyond a royal flush, but a royal may still matter more to them than an advantage player if they are playing for the entertainment.

Infrequent players may only see a few royals in their lifetime, and these events are significant.

Different players, different goals, different impact from a royal flush.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

Eduardo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:48 am
I think it's okay for people have different objectives. Mine are definitely different from yours.
don't you know, having a different objective/outlook/opinion/etc is not allowed.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Eduardo wrote:

I think advantage players need to be able to "look past" the thrill of a royal flush.

Recreational players who play frequently need to understand the cost of their play beyond a royal flush, but a royal may still matter more to them than an advantage player if they are playing for the entertainment.

Infrequent players may only see a few royals in their lifetime, and these events are significant.

I play a lot of Monopoly. Some people play to win, others play to get Boardwalk or the Railroads. One of my friends will do anything to get the Illinois monopoly. He claims the person who owns it wins 80% of the games. I don't have a favorite property. Or a set strategy. I just try to win. Strangely, tha happens pretty regularly.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

billryan wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:54 am
Eduardo wrote:

I play a lot of Monopoly. Some people play to win, others play to get Boardwalk or the Railroads. One of my friends will do anything to get the Illinois monopoly. He claims the person who owns it wins 80% of the games. I don't have a favorite property. Or a set strategy. I just try to win. Strangely, tha happens pretty regularly.
Most experts rank orange over red. Even wizard and JB do.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I’m a take the $8K and run club member. At one point his friend came over and complained about his point accrual. Mr. Lucky really took it to heart. It all makes some sense, though I would have been in the Atlantic within ten minutes.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

FAA wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:55 pm
I’m a take the $8K and run club member. At one point his friend came over and complained about his point accrual. Mr. Lucky really took it to heart. It all makes some sense, though I would have been in the Atlantic within ten minutes.
But you'll come back. If so, do you really run?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Incorrect. I carry scissors and am prepared to cut my card upon a hand pay. With the new place, I would milk the FP first. This puts a wrench in my long-standing stance, granted.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I have trouble stopping play, but am getting much better

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

So I'm waiting for the player to post her story but last night Sweet C and I met one our fellow VP players who was sitting by us. Sweet C was sitting next to her when she caught a royal with a 2X multiplier on Ultimate X $ for $8,000. I'll post Gigi's picture for her when she gives "the rest of the story".