Coopertown's Class of 2019

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Webman
Video Poker Master

Re: Coopertown's Class of 2019

Post by Webman »

notes1 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:08 pm
seems to me this is a case of the guy who threw the 2nd punch, got the flag. i have no idea what jeter wrote, but he was responding to being sworn at. what was he supposed to do, 'turn the other cheek'. i have no recollection of him EVER posting nasty comments before.
Thus, absolutely zero consequence or even a warning. Just a general note to all parties that name calling isn't cool.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

billryan wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:36 pm
Just for the record, this guy has repeatedly called me a babykiller which is not only extremely insulting but also untrue.
Also not cool.

Let's all be more cool.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I'm not going to let this political side-show distract me from the purpose of this topic. I enjoyed the learned insight of the men behind the uniforms through their humble and gracious speeches.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

you let the post calling jeter a D!CK stand for hours as written. even now, it still exists, slightly altered.

you immediately delete jeter's response.

you post a single ill advised post of mine, while never mentioning the dozens of posts made the the name caller in chief.

now, we all know where your allegiance lies.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Let's stick to the HOF. Year after year I hope with fading expectations that Gil Hodges gets selected by the Veterans committee. The best fielding 1st baseman of his era, had the most RBIs in the 1950s of any National Leaguer. The heart of the Brooklyn Dodgers batting order when they dominated the National League. Finally, he took a team that had never finished above next the last in the NL to the World Series and defeated the overwhelming favorite Orioles to win it in 1969. Had he not passed away at age 47 in 1972, I am convinced he would be in by now.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

Tedlark wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:59 am
Batter up.........lol.......
I saw a hard high one and hit it out of the park. Then Webman being a fan of the other team threw it back. Happens all the time.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

notes1 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:28 pm
you let the post calling jeter a D!CK stand for hours as written. even now, it still exists, slightly altered.

you immediately delete jeter's response.
I saw Jeter's response first when i arrived in this topic (I view newest posts first when I visit the forum). After removing his obviously inappropriate comment, I scrolled back to see where it was coming from. When I saw that the name calling was initiated by billryan, I then also moderated his post and issued a general warning to all parties.

Now, back on topic please.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Met Mariano at his restaurant in New Rochelle once. As nice in person as he is in public appearances. don't know if he still has the restaurant. Mo's Big City Grill?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I recently read about his involvement in various New Rock charities and it didn't mention his restaurant.
Nice guys do finish first.