Does the past matter?

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Does the past matter?

Post by stevel96a1 »

if i played any full-pay poker machine and lost 1,000 1,000 1,000 and 1,000 in 4 different days am i more likely to hit a royal? can i continue to lose? and did losing 4k credits have any impact on the future that hasn't happened yet? (assuming im playing same machine ofcourse!)

reason i asked i played five joker poker either 6 to 9 times and no jackpot and if i choose to player another 8 times i can suffer the same fate as i did in the past?

i know the nearest jackpot is a 1/76k shot but feel like that game just didn't like me

any replies would be grateful ty

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Can you continue to lose? Yes

Did losing 4k credits have any impact on the future that hasn't happened yet? No

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

The past matters because you can learn from your past experiences.

It doesn't matter at all as far as what the machine will do (unless you change you behavior based on your experiences).

But a machine that hasn't "hit" in a while is no more or less likely to hit on the next deal, or the 1000 deals after that. It's just random. You could lose 100 times in a row or win 100 times in a row. The odds of that happening will vary depending on what it is you are doing.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Every deal is independant and random. That said, the probability of losing a hundred times in a row is small, but the odds which is a horse of a different color are the same on every deal.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

so thats it? i go in there with a session roll lose or win and the next day there is no connection from my prior results 4 days ago or 4 seconds ago? why is that?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Why would there be? If you cook something for 60 seconds in your microwave, then you cook something else for 60 seconds, then you cook something else for 60 seconds, why is it always cooking for 60 seconds? The next time you press 6-0-Start will it cook for 60 seconds AGAIN?

It's a machine programmed to do something each time you push a button. Not a mystical device whose programming transcends time and space to know what you did yesterday or on another machine.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

RNG is will be R. Having said that, I’ve noticed that some machines tend to be hotter upon observation at approximately the same time of day. So that’s my tendency.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

They are certainly hotter after you cook the popcorn than before. But the end result is the same.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

im just trying to figure out what does the short-term mean to my goal and my bankroll? i am well aware 4,000 credits isn't much in the world of video poker however does losing that 4k credits just fade away into the past as if it never happened and im out 4k credits?

i know every 5 credit bet i make has a different reaction some bets will clone themselves others will multiply themselves and others will die off but i happen to lose a roll of 4k credits how do i keep from going to the deep end? isn't that what were all avoiding?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

It means you lost 4k. Nothing more, nothing less. If that's too much for you to stomach, then you didn't start with a big enough bankroll and you should probably be playing smaller.

Keep up the same play and you could just as easily lose another 4k.

Or you might win. Over time, these things should balance out.
Last edited by Eduardo on Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.