NYPD

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Re: NYPD

Post by Eduardo »

I wouldn't expect an arrest over a bucket of water. I might expect one from what happens next. :lol:

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

obviously, you are referring to what your reaction would be. but, i believe you understand the point.

each day, there seems to be a movement of the lines for what is acceptable behavior/rules/laws and what is not. it won't be long before a convicted killer will argue that he does not deserve the same punishment that was given to someone who killed 20, when he ONLY killed a half dozen.

humans need rules, laws, a code to live by. and, while others will disagree, humans are much better off earning a paycheck than just being given something for nothing.

a single bucket of water thrown at cops is certainly not the end of the world. but, it is symptomatic of a broader trend where one just needs to follow the rules, they agree with. if the trend continues, chaos follows.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

Of all the comments made on this topic, Eduardo's makes the most sense to me. Giving the officer on the scene the leeway to make a logical decision based on his observation and experience is the way to go. But to do that, you have to carefully hire police officers who are street savvy, even-tempered, and then train them well.

A tragic case occurred in New Orleans recently where two officers spotted a stolen car, gave chase through busy commercial and residential areas, and ignored departmental policy to attempt to ID the car and suspects and then terminate the chase. Instead, they continued the pursuit and the suspects eventually ran into a commercial building, which caught on fire, killing someone who was in the building.

After a careful review, the two officers were fired. A person died because of a stolen car. There was no threat to the officers or anyone else, other than the danger of the fleeing car itself. I agree with the decision to fire the officers. Had there been a threat to the officers or to the public, I would feel differently. A stolen car is not worth the cost of a human life.

Hire well qualified, intelligent personnel, train them carefully and completely, and then trust them with the authority to use their common sense on a case by case basis.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

rascal wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:24 am
ignored departmental policy to attempt to ID the car and suspects and then terminate the chase.
nuff said, they should have been fired.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

just watched a reply of the assaults made on the nypd. it appeared to me that everyone of the assailants had black or brown skin, while at least a couple of the cops were white. why hasn't this been labeled a racist event, maybe even a hate crime.

imagine, if a group of 6-12, all white guys, were filmed pouring buckets of water, on a couple of people, and black or brown skin folks, were among the victims. it would have been called out by the dems and their media minions, as another example of white supremacy and racism.

funny, one can find racism in almost anything, if one looks wants to find it.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

new video shows nypd having concrete and other potentially dangerous items thrown at them.

and, while cops were being shot by a career criminal in philly, video shows other cops being harassed and having stuff thrown at them.

this is what one should expect when dem leadership requires cops to back off. they are putting their lives on the line and liberals are telling their team, that they are not to be trusted.

i wonder what those dem mayors of these cities would tell their protection detail (cops), if those mayors came under an attack of crap thrown at them. just let it go on, yeah!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ok....I’m quoting Levon Putney on the NY news radio 880 around 8 pm this evening. He was talking about Maurice Hill the Philly shooter. Quote...... He has a rap sheet longer than the Pennsylvania Turnpike. End quote. Bad crimes Everyone can read for themselves. I say again. Until we build and staff more prisons this crap will not end.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

the DA in philly, is one of those who was financed by george soros, who is buying DA's and implementing 'social justice', into our law and order system. the suspect had a 12 page 'rap' sheet.

again, the police chief blamed the NRA.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I heard that too. Soros..... now that would be an entire thread by itself or even a movie