political odds and ends

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: political odds and ends

Post by notes1 »

trump's deal/threat to mexico to slow the onslaught of illegals making it to the usa border has already resulted in a approx 30% drop in those applying for asylum. note, 90% of asylum seekers are denied by the courts, but they end living up here anyway.

according to a CNBC (no friend of trump) article, the trump tariffs are having an effect on CHINA. china's exports fell 16% to usa and china's overall trade surplus has dropped more than 20%. they continue to devalue their currency, but the tariffs are having an effect.

it is way tooooo early to declare a winner or a loser in this battle, but china definitely has more to lose. they have an enormous trade surplus with the usa, and without getting into the details they put huge obstacles in front of usa companies trying to do business there, as opposed to chinese companies doing business here. there is also the theft of intellectual property that china allows/promotes. and, as far as the cost of those tariffs being passed onto usa consumers, i know the shopping i do (outside of groceries, is small), i have noticed little or no difference.

time will tell, but the naysayers may be proved wrong again.