Another week, three more Nationalists massacres.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Re: Another week, three more Nationalists massacres.

Post by Eduardo »

Did "they" get an inch when we decided people can't have missile launchers at home? Are you hurt by that lack of freedom? Don't be ridiculous. I'm not talking about political parties here. There is no way this should be a partisan issue. I'm talking about limiting the tools available to psychopathic killers. We're talking about a device with the sole purpose of killing, and providing a rush for gun range hobbyists. Nobody needs an AK-47 for home defense or hunting. Your rights and freedoms wouldn't be reduced one bit more than they are by the many other obscenely dangerous weapons that are already illegal.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

1984 by George Orwell was published in June of 1949 when I was a year old. I read it when I was ten saying to myself..... wow, how far out is this. That same year, I wrote two science fiction novels that I never submitted to a publisher. I read the book again when I was 17 and said to myself.....hmmmmmm....now here we are! I got all of my necessary firearms permits between the age of 18 and 21. Solve the mental health issues and solve the problem. I earned an expert rating early on. Once you have that, you have it for life. In the absence of or n the process of trying to solve this crisis of mental health, more properly trained and armed citizens, could stop such situations early. If you think the criminals abd wackos of the world are going to obey any gun laws, forget it. I already know the response I am going to get. So you want to arm mothers with two babies in the stroller and one in the oven? There so happens to be one of those mothers in my club that can blow the tiny ten ring right off of the target.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

your position will likely win, because the public, just like you, want action, any action.

but, i believe i will be proven right on two issues;

-lunatic mass killers will not be deterred. they will find other ways, be it bombing, burning, running over innocent victims to achieve their deranged goals.
-the same crowd, including the media, will not stop at outlawing ak's. they will move on to their next target and will be encouraged by winning on your desired action.

you are not just advocating limiting tools to killers, you are advocating limiting tools to law abiding citizens. i promise they will come after something you like in the future. just wait, you asked for it.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

tonight; california, 4 dead, 2 injured, same assailant. he used a knife.

where there is a will, some a$$hole will find a way.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I just heard it too on the news. I could have stopped that cold had i been there for the first incident

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Yeah, that's the problem. You aren't going to "cure" crazy. So you have to limit their access to the most dangerous weapons. Like I said, I'm not opposed to guns. I'm not opposed to more responsible people owning guns. I'm opposed to nutjobs being able to get access to weapons that exceed those of not only citizens but police officers.

Are you opposed to letting people make homemade bombs?
Are you opposed to letting people have grenades?
Why or why not?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Not worthy of a response. You didn’t ask me about nukes though.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Why is it not worthy of a response? Why does the AK-47 get a pass just because it has a trigger?

The bottom line is, we already prohibit weapons. This does not infringe upon our right to bear arms.

We are free to determine which weapons we want to permit in this country, and these particular weapons have proven to be far more destructive to the population than they are helpful. True or false?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

notes1 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:46 am
tonight; california, 4 dead, 2 injured, same assailant. he used a knife.
And, how many would have died if he could have gotten his hands on an AK-47?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

california, 2 recent killings;

ak 47-gilroy-3 dead
knife- 4 dead