how one spends their money

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
notes1
Video Poker Master

how one spends their money

Post by notes1 »

someone wonders why anyone would play VP when they are guaranteed to lose. i can only answer that with the following;

-why does one buy a $50k car, when a $25k car gets you where you want to go.
-why does one buy a pair of $300 shoes, when a $75 pair does the job.
-why does one go out to eat, when you can buy the ingredients for 1/4 the price.
-a first class air ticket gets one to the gate at the same time as coach.
-why buy a ticket to a live sporting event, when it is on tv.

it would be easy to go on.

maybe it is the excitement or the social interaction or maybe to just get out of the house or one of a thousand different reasons.

you have spent money on cars, fishing....did you make money at each of those purchases.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

So true. We can fill our bellies just as full on $3 expenditure as $30. $25 pot shot money right there!

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

I think this topic has been talked about in the past and should be locked.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Seconded.

Player422738
VP Veteran

Post by Player422738 »

notes1 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:51 pm
someone wonders why anyone would play VP when they are guaranteed to lose. i can only answer that with the following;

-why does one buy a $50k car, when a $25k car gets you where you want to go.
-why does one buy a pair of $300 shoes, when a $75 pair does the job.
-why does one go out to eat, when you can buy the ingredients for 1/4 the price.
-a first class air ticket gets one to the gate at the same time as coach.
-why buy a ticket to a live sporting event, when it is on tv.

it would be easy to go on.

maybe it is the excitement or the social interaction or maybe to just get out of the house or one of a thousand different reasons.

you have spent money on cars, fishing....did you make money at each of those purchases.
The answer is just one word - EXPERIENCE

All you talked about, the different ways of spending money, is you can get different experience from it.

DougJ

Post by DougJ »

wildman49 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:37 am
I think this topic has been talked about in the past and should be locked.
No, no, no. It requires a 6 month suspension, of course.

Because folks who post on this forum simply have no skill set to IGNORE those threads started by people who happen to POSSIBLY repeat a topic and these same folks are ANGRY that they are seeing a thread topic that MIGHT be the "same old topic."

Here's a hint for the challenged . . . . just don't READ that thread that deeply offends you because it is REPETITIVE.

It is not as if there are MILLIONS of posters to this forum and therefore "tidying house" requires that a poster be banned for six months because they take up valuable print space.

This is NOT like a couple of forums to which I regularly post . . . one of which has hundreds, if not thousands, of DIFFERENT posters EVERY SINGLE DAY. (it is a travel forum).

Well, of course, then don't lock this thread, lets suspend each and every poster here in this thread, we will all have salty chicken soup because we cried so much. ;) :roll: :roll:

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

What a waste it is, to lose ones mind.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

billryan wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 pm
What a waste it is, to lose ones mind.
No, losing one's mind is called Alzheimer's or dementia and compassionate people recognize it as something sad. Not something to be flippant about. BTW, forgetfulness and repetitive speech occur increasingly as one ages. Its called a senior moment.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

otabill, remember, the poster you are dealing with, likes to quote scripture. he must have superior insight and compassion that none of us can imagine.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

notes1 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:46 pm
otabill, remember, the poster you are dealing with, likes to quote scripture. he must have superior insight and compassion that none of us can imagine.
No. I'm quite sure you can imagine it. What I honestly can't understand is why someone would sell their soul for the emptiness of nationalism.