weapons

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: weapons

Post by notes1 »

as a non gun owner, i appreciate comments from those who actually know something about weapons. i wonder how many of those who are opposed to guns, actually know anything about them.

my concern is twofold. first, i am tired of outlawing/limitations on items, just because a small group, abuse that right. second, i/m/o, this is the beginning of a bigger push to take away/eliminate all gun ownership and anything else the liberals decide is not for OUR good. are there any dictatorships, where citizens are allowed to own guns?

whether it be large sodas, straws, gasoline, suv's, homes with land, meat, air conditioning and a myriad of other products that the dems have deemed unnecessary for the average person. of course, the ruling class and those rich folks who support them , will not suffer the same restrictions.

they know what is best for you. that should scare everybody.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

Cigarettes provide a great example of what Notes1 is talking about. By enacting laws and regulations to prohibit the usage of cigarettes in certain public places, Big Brother is once again allowing a very small select group consisting of the vast, overwhelming majority of the nation's population to protect themselves from a relative few who are exercising their God-given right to kill the majority with second-hand smoke. What the he!! is this country coming to???!!!

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

When the progressive types pushed for regulations back in the day to enforce the nutritional labeling of most food products in grocery stores, there was a hue and cry that once again Big Brother, in his overly-protective, coddling mode, was allowing the few to push their selective agenda upon the many. Today, when I go to the grocery store, I see virtually every shopper at least glancing at the nutritional labeling before dropping an item into their cart. Nutritional labeling has made us more health-conscious as shoppers and consumers. But, as Notes1 would logically explain, who cares about health or even survival if it interferes with a corporation's God-given right to kill us with an unhealthy food product.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

You were a bit too subtle. Most of the sheeple here will think you are agreeing with them. Have you noticed the trend to take away guns and institute mandatory ballet for all boys 6 and over? Of course you haven't, as it doesn't exist, but it might someday after America has descended fall enuff down the slippery slope.

Beware. Take care.Beware of the big green Dragon who sits on your doorstep. He eats little boys,puppy dog tails and big fat snails. Beware. Take care. Beware.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

nearly 30% of americans are obese. those labels are working great.

requiring warning labels, mandating non smoking areas are a far cry from the outright banning of products and actions, that some consider unsafe/unhealthy.

do you want the government telling you how much soda you can drink, decide whether you can eat meat, only allow autos that are battery powered, limit air travel, limit the size of your land parcel, outlaw all guns and any other action, that some group feels may harm you.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

When the libs continue to dole out unlimited free stuff, you can kiss your so called tax free Roth Iras goodbye. They won’t care that you have paid taxes on that money before it was ever invested for your retirement. They will just say......hey you pay taxes on your other investment earnings, so what’s the big deal.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Probably grab a chunk of the principal too for the quote good of society.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Give it all away. Gubermint can't take what you don't have.
Was never a fan of the Roth. Of course, in a few years when I'm paying taxes on withdrawals I may well change my mind.
I wouldn't be surprised if they play with the parameters of the Roth, but only going forward.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

freedom is the choice to make your own decisions, even if those decisions are bad for you.

if one wants to eat too much, smoke too much, drink too much, spend too much, borrow too much, whatever it is...it is fine with me, as long as that same person doesn't harm anyone else and doesn't come to the taxpayer, asking for a bailout.

all of you are on a gambling website. think there aren't some folks that could argue the ill effects of gambling, on the public. it would be better if outlawed, just because a small group abuse the right.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Not to split hairs notes, but this is not a gambling website.