Return to GN 8/18

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
wilcoxfun

Re: Return to GN 8/18

Post by wilcoxfun »

Larry I appreciate your comments about life. Thank you!

Player422738
VP Veteran

Post by Player422738 »

Lucky Larry wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:51 pm
hophoofer wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:03 am
This version of Bonus deuces pays 97.x. And 4 deuces with ace happens every 35K hands just as nearly rare as a royal.

You may hardly get the same winning experience again.

Btw, you hold suited ace ten in this version just in case you are not aware of. And hold ace if there are more than 2 deuces dealt. General rule but there are exceptions.
Yes, you are correct it is both a 97.4% game and remembering to hold A/!0 suited and deuce+3 to a flush were hard lessons to learn. The other hard lesson to learn with this pay return is how to hold deuce +2 to straight flush. The 50 pay SF is so different from the 98.8 DWB I've played for years at Coushatta. When I'm tired the automaticity often rears its head.
I think deuce plus 2 to straight flush in this version is only suited 9 and T. Just one case if I am not mistaken.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

hophoofer wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:11 am
Lucky Larry wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:51 pm
hophoofer wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:03 am
This version of Bonus deuces pays 97.x. And 4 deuces with ace happens every 35K hands just as nearly rare as a royal.

You may hardly get the same winning experience again.

Btw, you hold suited ace ten in this version just in case you are not aware of. And hold ace if there are more than 2 deuces dealt. General rule but there are exceptions.
Yes, you are correct it is both a 97.4% game and remembering to hold A/!0 suited and deuce+3 to a flush were hard lessons to learn. The other hard lesson to learn with this pay return is how to hold deuce +2 to straight flush. The 50 pay SF is so different from the 98.8 DWB I've played for years at Coushatta. When I'm tired the automaticity often rears its head.
I think deuce plus 2 to straight flush in this version is only suited 9 and T. Just one case if I am not mistaken.
wow look at you Hop earning your negative 1.10% edge while us masses earn our negative 5%
you know everything about video poker? is it all the same end game?-99.9 vs 95% all has the same happy ending after a mil hands? or perhaps 3million?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

stevel96a1 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:06 pm
... look at you Hop earning your negative 1.10% edge while us masses earn our negative 5%
you know everything about video poker? is it all the same end game?-99.9 vs 95% all has the same happy ending after a mil hands? or perhaps 3million?
So, hophoofer makes a helpful suggestion as to how to play a certain hand, and you make this totally uncalled for sarcastic comment. What's with that?

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

Your 1 to ask he and i got suspended over his insult..
Last edited by stevel96a1 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

Im just doing what bill or jstark would say to me its all and good fun

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

LL. I also am paying a big penalty LL on our medicare bill. Our premiums are like double because the w-2gs pushed our AGI over the limit even though we lost money for the year. We may be ok for this year but still a long way to go.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 pm
LL. I also am paying a big penalty LL on our medicare bill. Our premiums are like double because the w-2gs pushed our AGI over the limit even though we lost money for the year. We may be ok for this year but still a long way to go.
The G's last year weren't so bad as was the "big tax break" which cost me several thousand since it eliminated my travel costs since Texas' "lower taxes approach" has left public education and higher ed with lower funding while experiencing tremendous growth in enrollments. So the University can't pay for travel (one of the first cuts) and then the new tax eliminations did away with the small business deductions. This year the G's on top of the tax deductions eliminations will probably hurt really badly. The current stock market swings aren't helping either.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Since a number of us are retired or semi-retired, we should open a topic in the Anything and Everything forum.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The tax changes cost me 4 k last year. Forced to itemize to write off gambling, standard deduction doubled couldnt do that, The 10k cap on state and local taxes cost me to lose 12 k in deductions. Before anybody says too bad cause you live in a mansion, I lost it because my town is broke and my little postage stamp lot and 1100 square feet house has 6 k annual real estate taxes, we are taxed on cars as well, and I was due to the cap unable to write off the 10 k check I had to write to the state in 2018 on top of withheld taxes due to my state taxing one on gross gambling winnings to the tune of nearly 7 percent