Return to GN 8/18

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Return to GN 8/18

Post by olds442jetaway »

Nice life story Ll. We have quite a few parallels. My grandfather was a German immigrant on dads side. Died young at age 55. My dad God Bless him is a ww2 vet cuttently in rehab. He was a straight A engineering student and played in the big bands, but dropped out after 2 years when I came along I won’t bore the forum with more and I probably have over the years. By the way neither the Mrs or I will get our social Security. She is a retired teacher a I’m a retired Fed. We both like you worked hard our entire lives My full time job is caring for my dad with some help of course.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

And I forgot to mention congrats on another great trip and some really nice hits!!!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Glad you guys had a good trip.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:18 am
Nice life story Ll. We have quite a few parallels. My grandfather was a German immigrant on dads side. Died young at age 55. My dad God Bless him is a ww2 vet cuttently in rehab. He was a straight A engineering student and played in the big bands, but dropped out after 2 years when I came along I won’t bore the forum with more and I probably have over the years. By the way neither the Mrs or I will get our social Security. She is a retired teacher a I’m a retired Fed. We both like you worked hard our entire lives My full time job is caring for my dad with some help of course.
Surprised your wife was not under SS. Assume you retired under CSRS and never accumulated 40 quarters working summer jobs, etc. BTW, for which agency did you work?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Wife under ss but will lose most of it when she applies. She barely has 40 quarters. Yes I was csrs just under 40 quarters Decided not to go over just too busy helping mom and dad and the offset would have taken most of the tiny amount Going to keep the agency private. 34 years service though. Most folks don’t know or care I am on my own for life insurance a big chunk of supplemental health insurance etc. Bur we have iur health, so all is good

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Funny double L when I tell young people especially millennials that have already landed a good job by starting salary which was under 6000 a year they say that was a month right? Anybody in the math and/or computer science field can pretty much write their own ticket nowadays

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Sorry again for the lousy sentence structure and punctuation etc. driving to Mohegan and reluctantly using Siri

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Steve,
My apologies for my over the top response to your post. Too many nights with the lack of good sleep-made worse by not ever being able to sleep on the road.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

hophoofer wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:03 am
This version of Bonus deuces pays 97.x. And 4 deuces with ace happens every 35K hands just as nearly rare as a royal.

You may hardly get the same winning experience again.

Btw, you hold suited ace ten in this version just in case you are not aware of. And hold ace if there are more than 2 deuces dealt. General rule but there are exceptions.
Yes, you are correct it is both a 97.4% game and remembering to hold A/!0 suited and deuce+3 to a flush were hard lessons to learn. The other hard lesson to learn with this pay return is how to hold deuce +2 to straight flush. The 50 pay SF is so different from the 98.8 DWB I've played for years at Coushatta. When I'm tired the automaticity often rears its head.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

olds, OTABILL,

I had way over 70 quarters due to 10 yrs in a school district with SS, summer work, and working the docks, etc. but Sweet C worked only a few years under SS before the school district eliminated SS and just kept State Teacher Retirement. Having a decent pension is a life saver for those us without SS. The dual life-time reduction means that the surviving spouse will continue to receive both pensions after the death of the other spouse. The reduced pension was well worth that option since our mom's and Sweet C' s family lived well into their 90+'s. With the Government Offset Provision for state pension workers we lose $2 for every $3 we'd earn. I do receive just barely enough SS to now pay my medicare bill.

Thanks for the comments.