More NYC insane proposals

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: More NYC insane proposals

Post by billryan »

It certainly seems like notes is the one who doesn't believe minorities can make it. Evidently, the years he has spent working alongside inner city youth has honed his expertise.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

billryan wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:14 pm
It certainly seems like notes is the one who doesn't believe minorities can make it.
then why are there a litany of state and federal laws and practices that favor minorities. everything from hiring requirements, awarding contracts and college admission all have minority favoritism.

of course, you already knew this. you just can't debate any subject successfully, so you throw dirt, name call or try to change the topic.

it is your team that either believes minorities need assistance or you are trying to sell the idea to the those same minorities, to get votes and power.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

billryan wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:14 pm
It certainly seems like notes is the one who doesn't believe minorities can make it. Evidently, the years he has spent working alongside inner city youth has honed his expertise.
BR, I don't worry about who I am. I posted a while ago that I grew up in the Woodside Hosing Projects in Queens in the late 50's early 60's. Talk about a melting pot, but we got along for the most part. My best friends were from all ends of the spectrum.I believe white liberals are the racists- "The soft racism of low expectations", this is what liberals believe.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

I grew up in the Bronx,loved to go to krums on Fordham road. I am sure u know of jahns icecream parlor off queens blvd. my friends and I would often take the subway out there.oh the way, by my friends were of all colors !!!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yes, remember Jahns ice cream parlor.That's where we took girlfriends after the movies.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

My friends were of all colors both young and old. I will say though, they all stood on their own two feet and were successful either in their jobs or careers. One funny aside....my golfing buddy of 30 years was black. He was also my coworker and we had each other’s back always. The funny part is when he bought his first new car a Datsun b210 he told me he would just drive it and never change the oil. Me being a car buff and fanatic for maintenance up to a point, told him....Henry!!! You are absolutely nuts. He would add oil when it started knocking. Ten years later, my Ford Galaxie 500 xl conv had 5 starters 3 transmissions, 2 carbs, and the frame had rotted out. Henry was still happily driving his Datsun with just a little rust here and there!!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

i had a Datsun ,think it may have been a stanza in the 80s.never a problem.now its called Nissan.i just purchased a maxima.if u step too hard on the accelerator u make the jump to light speed !!!!!!!!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Maximas are really nice cars. Several of my friends have them. Believe it or not, the same thing happens with my new Elantra. When I push the button for sport mode, It really jumps especially when starting from a stop. I remember the Stanzas well. They were either square or rectangular in shape. Never saw one on the side of the road.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Still on the subject of the old days, my dentist and one of my best friends would often schedule a celebrety and my appointment at the same time. The waiting area was small, but I never bothered them and sometimes Dave Brubeck and I would chat music for a moment. After the appointment, if the next one cancelled or he was closing early, we would drive down to Katz’s Deli on the lower East side. I always got the same thing. Awesome Pastrami sandwich abd a pickled green tomato. The ride was an hour with traffic, but always worth it.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

oh yea katz deli on Houston st !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!