GN 9/5 Trip

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: GN 9/5 Trip

Post by olds442jetaway »

I was pretty young and must admit had considerable help from my dad, but the abacus in our classroom had seen better days, so we made one over the weekend for the school. Years later, I went back ro visit one of my teachers who was retiring that year, and she still had it in the classroom. I hope it got passed on and wasn’t tossed into the dumster by the next young teacher. I hate to even walk by the dumpster at the end of the school year. It is a crying shame what just gets tossed out. The worst was a few years ago. The dumpster was full of overhead projectors. The blackboards that I loved to draw cartoons on got tossed for whiteboards, and the whiteboards got tossed for electronic boards that crash sometimes. I’ll admit it. I’m a dinosaur. Speaking of that, about ten years ago, I stopped by the school at year end to help out my Mrs. The school was getting a major makeover. My picture as center of the eighth grade basketball team all 5 feet 8 inches with another 4 inches for nice wavy hair I no longer have hung with the rest of the team just outside of the office nicely framed since1962. That was when the new school was finished. We were the first graduating class. You guessed it. I was in the dumpster crushed beyond repair.