big payout

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Re: big payout

Post by advantage playe »

why not enjoy when other people do well ???????????????????

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Never hit a sequential royal. Or one on the deal. Or even one in hearts. They can all be done simultaneously, but I'll settle for back-to-back-to-back! Does anyone know if there are sequential bonus paytables in AC?

I'm sure it was the thrill of a lifetime for that person, no matter what the circumstances...

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

advantage playe wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:13 pm
why not enjoy when other people do well ???????????????????

Perhaps because I don't live vicariously through others. Should I be sad when someone loses?
If a stranger hitting a jackpot is your idea of enjoyment, I have a pallet of finger spinners you will probably obsess over.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

TripleTriple wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:06 pm
Never hit a sequential royal. Or one on the deal. Or even one in hearts. They can all be done simultaneously, but I'll settle for back-to-back-to-back! Does anyone know if there are sequential bonus paytables in AC?

I'm sure it was the thrill of a lifetime for that person, no matter what the circumstances...
If you play enough, it's not a thrill. Was around for a friend to be dealt four deuces on a $1 NSUD hundred play.
He cycles maybe a million a month thru VP machines. The crowd that gathered for his $100,000 payoff was more thrilled than he was. Just another day at the office.
It's a game of attrition.
When I see someone who regularly plays 97% games, I feel bad for them,whether they are up or down at the moment.
I completely understand congratulating a stranger next to you when they hit. If I'm walking by and see someone having a bonus, I wish them luck. Congratulating someone who isn't even on this forum seems silly.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

Dang, talking down to those who win big and aren't even here to hear it!

I guess we are all subject to houses edge others opinon (not just me )

Agreed with advantage playe

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

billryan wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:03 pm
I've never offered my employees health care. I don't know who it was that decided the employers should be responsible for their employees health care. Workmanship Comp covers them at work, not sure why anyone thinks I should cover them or their families.
Health care is a universal right, especially in a country as wealthy as ours. I provide work, those workers pay taxes and part of those taxes should go towards healthcare.
Any other dumb questions you need answered?
MAWA!
i am assuming that you not only did not offer paid healthcare, you didn't provide any other benefits. you declare healthcare is a 'universal right', as long as someone else pays for it. obamacare decided that employers, with a certain number of employees, must provide healthcare.

you constantly post how americans should open their borders and their wallets to provide for folks looking for a better life, and who are not only illegals, but uninvited. yet, you didn't see fit to pay anything toward your own employees healthcare.

this is the typical liberal mindset, spend other people's money. demand others pay for what YOU determine a universal right.

my guess, most of your employees paid NO federal taxes, as their incomes were too low. so, you don't pay for the healthcare, your employees don't pay enough taxes to cover the cost, that leaves it to someone else.

hypocrite!

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

billryan wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:39 pm

If you play enough, it's not a thrill.
Maybe that should be: "If you play too much, it's not a thrill"

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

If I ever play too much, I'll see how I feel. Some big players bring books with them, to read during the down time if they hit a taxable hand. Then again, they aren't playing for excitement. They are grinding out a small advantage.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

notes1 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:22 pm
billryan wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:03 pm
I've never offered my employees health care. I don't know who it was that decided the employers should be responsible for their employees health care. Workmanship Comp covers them at work, not sure why anyone thinks I should cover them or their families.
Health care is a universal right, especially in a country as wealthy as ours. I provide work, those workers pay taxes and part of those taxes should go towards healthcare.
Any other dumb questions you need answered?
MAWA!
i am assuming that you not only did not offer paid healthcare, you didn't provide any other benefits. you declare healthcare is a 'universal right', as long as someone else pays for it. obamacare decided that employers, with a certain number of employees, must provide healthcare.

you constantly post how americans should open their borders and their wallets to provide for folks looking for a better life, and who are not only illegals, but uninvited. yet, you didn't see fit to pay anything toward your own employees healthcare.

this is the typical liberal mindset, spend other people's money. demand others pay for what YOU determine a universal right.

my guess, most of your employees paid NO federal taxes, as their incomes were too low. so, you don't pay for the healthcare, your employees don't pay enough taxes to cover the cost, that leaves it to someone else.

hypocrite!
My average full time employee earned very good money and was eligible for the same group insurance that I paid for myself. My 1099 employees were really free lance contractors responsible for their own taxes. Many worked multiple venues and were eligible for insurance thru those. Before Obama Care there some great trade associations and fraternal groups like the KofC and The Elks. A free Lancer in the musicians union paid half what it would cost my business for the same plan.
As I said and you ignored because it doesn't fit your agenda- My responsibility is to provide opportunities for the people to make money. The government takes taxes and is responsible for the welfare of the people.
Employers don't provide police protection, nor fire service, why should they provide health coverage? Some companies offer it as an incentive. That's their right. I attracted the quality of people I wanted without having to offer it. We closed for three weeks every January. Fulltimers got two weeks paid vacation and everyone got quarterly bonuses.
We didn't offer paid sick days but helped employees switch shifts as needed.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Massive off the rails tangent, even for this crowd.