World Series

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

World Series

Post by Carcounter »

Back on July 30th, I put $ 25 on the Washington Nationals to win the WS at 28 to 1. I am not a Nats fan, ( Yankee fan) but at that time when they were clearly in the wild card race, figured it was a value bet, with their starting pitching. Now I will need to hedge my bet, especially if the Yanks play them.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

:) Good Luck ! ! :)

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Can't root for them against the Yanks. Will take the money loss for championship 28.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

I like the yankees , grew up in the Bronx on the grand concourse ! but I still would take the cash don't feel too bad for those Quadro millionaires ball players playing a kids game !!!!!!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

my father took me and my brother to the games when mickey and rodger were playing ! right behind home plate. my father of coarse had money bet on the yankees !! hope to see my father soon in heaven thru the mercy of JESUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

AMEN !!!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Looks like I may not have to worry about this with the Yanks down 3-1 to Houston. AP, I have a good story about the Grand Concourse.For those who don't know, it is a wide 12 lane Boulevard in the Bronx. Back in the mid 60's when I lived in Queens I went to a Yankee game and me and a friend went up to a Pizza place on the Concourse after the game. I see Joe Pepitone sitting in his purple GTO on the other side of the Concourse and I run across all 12 lanes to get his autograph. He yells at me you stupid f**king kid, my autograph isn't worth getting run over for. Of course he was right as he din't turn out to be the Hall of famer that everyone thought he would be.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

I grew up just off the grand concourse apx. 20 years . I know of many deaths ,many children ,who got killed or seriously injured crossing the g concourse !!

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I have no dog in the race but game 5 was a testament to the theory of "Don't Ever Count The Yankees Out" What a game!!!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

for phil rezuto .yanks win world series !!!