World Series

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Re: World Series

Post by advantage playe »

still cant spell !!!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

take it to the bank !!!

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

yankees payroll was $150m more than tampa.

even as a yankees fan, this cannot be good for the game. too many teams simply cannot compete.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Congrats to the Houston Astros. It was an incredible series and the Astros beat a very good Yankee team. They win the ALCS to reach the World Series for the second time in three years. What a way to end it with the walk off HR by Altuve after the Yankees had tied it in the top of the 9th. I thought for sure with Chapman coming in we were going to have to go to a game seven to decide the series.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

As a Yankee fan, I blame the Russians.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

jetermacaw wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:11 am
As a Yankee fan, I blame the Russians.
Immediately upon use of the "R" word the media shifts blame to you-know-who, after spotting a bottle of "Stoly" in Houston clubhouse celebration.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Hedged my Nationals bet by placing some $ on the Astros to win the WS. Won't win as much as if the Nats win, but after the Nats fans booed Trump, Go Astros! Went to a Nats/ Mets game in DC last year. Nice ballpark, but Nats fans are a bunch of lame white liberals who live in the Virginia and Maryland suburbs. Most probably work for the government.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

now that I hear that the national fans booed president trump ,LETS GO ASTROS !!!!!!!!!!!

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

what would one expect from folks who's entire existence depends upon government. from federal employees, to the lobbyists, companies/their employees making money off taxpayers, the politicians, etc, all these folks and more, want things to stay as they have been. the 'same' meaning that a number of DC zip codes, are among the wealthiest in the country. all as a result of concentration of money and power, from the federal government, spending our money.

and, trump is upsetting their plans! he has already started moving some federal departments outside of DC and that means less jobs, money and power/control for the 'ruling class' that controls the government. i hope even more federal departments are dispersed throughout the country. maybe someone who lives in the midwest might be less likely to approve some ridiculous expenditure of money for an obscure, wasteful government program.

liberals love diversity, how about diversity in gov't. management and workers that represent the entire country, not just some narrow location from northern VA to northeast corridor.

trump is shaking things up, and the establishment does not like it one bit.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

TRUMP 2020 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!