Got robbed by a slot supervisor today!

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Jstark
Video Poker Master

Got robbed by a slot supervisor today!

Post by Jstark »

Earlier while making my rounds, I cash out a ticket for $78.50 from a VP machine. It cashed out real slow but otherwise looked fine. As I went to the next machine, it rejected it. I tried a few times in different machines but it still got rejected. Not thinking anything bad would happen, I just started over with a fresh $20. A few hours later, I went to the cage to cash both tickets. I told the cashier that the $78.50 would have to be entered manually. After trying, she told me it had already been cashed. WHAT!!!!! I asked how the hell that could have happened when I still have the ticket. She told me I'd have to speak to a slots supervisor. When the supervisor came down, I explained what happened and where it originally came from. She offered not one bit of help and basically told me I was SOL. She had no explanation for how it was cashed while I still had the ticket. In the end, she confiscated it and walked off. Nobody would help me. So in short, cash your tickets IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

Player422738
VP Veteran

Post by Player422738 »

Jstark wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:06 pm
Earlier while making my rounds, I cash out a ticket for $78.50 from a VP machine. It cashed out real slow but otherwise looked fine. As I went to the next machine, it rejected it. I tried a few times in different machines but it still got rejected. Not thinking anything bad would happen, I just started over with a fresh $20. A few hours later, I went to the cage to cash both tickets. I told the cashier that the $78.50 would have to be entered manually. After trying, she told me it had already been cashed. WHAT!!!!! I asked how the hell that could have happened when I still have the ticket. She told me I'd have to speak to a slots supervisor. When the supervisor came down, I explained what happened and where it originally came from. She offered not one bit of help and basically told me I was SOL. She had no explanation for how it was cashed while I still had the ticket. In the end, she confiscated it and walked off. Nobody would help me. So in short, cash your tickets IMMEDIATELY!!!!!
That sucks.

When my ticket is more than $1000, I always go to the cage without using the cash machine though.

You can always cash out the ticket from cage.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Wow. I often have issues with using tickets in certain machines. But in the end, it's always valid somewhere.

It's pretty amazing that the supervisor:

A) couldn't figure it out

B) said "F you"

I guess this is due to the machine incorrectly recording the voucher in the record books, but I've never heard of this happening before.

The silver lining is that it's only ~$80 I suppose.

I tend to cash out triple digit vouchers, but that's mostly because I don't trust myself...

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

I've also had issues before as well, but never have I been told that a legitimate ticket was already cashed. The only way I can see this somehow being possible is that the one that I got was somehow not printed properly. Occasionally while cashing out, the ticket gets jammed. So when the attendant straightens it out, the jammed ticket is voided and the machine prints a new one. The fact that mine came out of the machine slowly, make me believe that whoever was there next got what I was supposed to get. Had I known there was going to be an issue 4 hours later, I would've immediately went to the cage to cash my ticket. I did quickly "recover" $48 on some UX plays on my way out that I wouldn't have gotten had I didn't have this problem as I was going to leave.

And it was definitely disturbing that the supervisor was not interested in trying to find out what happened. I even asked for a tech to open the cash in/out log and see if there were any anomalies. She wouldn't do it. I did get the name of the cashier who supposedly cashed this and I'll lay into him when I see him.

As for the $78.50 ticket. $20 of it was my original buy in. The rest was profit from UX plays, mostly from dealt trip 3's on quarter 10 play DDB. I'll get it back. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Jstark, that exact same thing happened to my Sister recently. She had tried the ticket in many machines before finally taking it to the cashier. Was told it had already been cashed etc. She said the same thing as you, "I've got the ticket, that's impossible" etc. They checked surveillance, and realized that a floor manager had hand paid someone for that ticket. We think someone probably told him, their ticket never came out of the machine, or something like that. Not for sure how that could be, but, they did pay my Sister, it was a $200 ticket. It's a shame they didn't pay you for your ticket, they know exactly what happened!
She did remember a couple of people close to her, at the original machine, and seemed to be watching her. Sounds like another new scam.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Come Back Kid wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:36 am
Jstark, that exact same thing happened to my Sister recently. She had tried the ticket in many machines before finally taking it to the cashier. Was told it had already been cashed etc. She said the same thing as you, "I've got the ticket, that's impossible" etc. They checked surveillance, and realized that a floor manager had hand paid someone for that ticket. We think someone probably told him, their ticket never came out of the machine, or something like that. Not for sure how that could be, but, they did pay my Sister, it was a $200 ticket. It's a shame they didn't pay you for your ticket, they know exactly what happened!
She did remember a couple of people close to her, at the original machine, and seemed to be watching her. Sounds like another new scam.
Completely crazy that this could even happen. In my case, someone actually had somehow gotten a second ticket and cashed it at the cage. They even told me who the cashier was that cashed it.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I never heard of such a thing. I mean ever!!!

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Me either Olds, until it happened to me.

Trust me....these "crooks" will pay dearly for it!

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Screw em! Last time for any -EV play to just pass time here. Time to AP them full time!
20191114_200312.jpg
Screenshot_20191114-040140.png

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I have never heard of this either. Beware the slow TITO. The TITO machines are basically next to my VP machines, so I make sure to get pretty quick self service.