Over the Edge, Part I - The Magical Replenishing Bankroll

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
Jstark
Video Poker Master

Re: Over the Edge, Part I - The Magical Replenishing Bankroll

Post by Jstark »

I've definitely had 3 in a row. Doubt think I've gone that long without one though.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Yeah, either there are some terrible holds happening there, or some "fuzzy math." Did you actually count up to 1200? Any chance one might have snuck in there unnoticed since it is after all a pretty unexciting hand? It doesn't matter to me. What matters is, I think we all see these crummy, almost unbelievable streaks sometimes. I remember going close to forever once without drawing to a straight while holding 4. I lost three relatives in that session AND missed their funerals, but eventually I got 2 or 3 in a short time so I was able to send flowers.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The only thing wackier I ever had was nearly 20 years ago playing bonus poker. 4 Aces 5 times if I remember in about an hour

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Eduardo, great post. Echos a lot of my perspective, I was hammered twice on this forum for posts that did not fit the AP/pro way of thinking. Remember others being dissed as well. Glad you put in the caveats. Hopefully, they will temper the responses of those who disagree.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

i call the newer VP machines the bankroll eaters, their new RNG engine vs the older model RNG engine differs greatly, im sure maybe after a mil they will be at that certain percentage but i still prefer the older model i get to come home a winner more often than not, i tend to stay away from the new LCD poker machines for obvious reasons.

i am almost certain to the point if i were to test 100$ bankroll each machine i can call out which one would last longer more times than not

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

stevel96a1 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 am
i call the newer VP machines the bankroll eaters, their new RNG engine vs the older model RNG engine differs greatly, im sure maybe after a mil they will be at that certain percentage but i still prefer the older model i get to come home a winner more often than not, i tend to stay away from the new LCD poker machines for obvious reasons.

i am almost certain to the point if i were to test 100$ bankroll each machine i can call out which one would last longer more times than not
It is not obvious to me; just what are the "obvious reasons?"

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Me either. I've seen no difference in either anywhere.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

stevel96a1 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 am

Steve, Sunday I will start a post on this very subject of new very tight IGT machines. I got to talk with Tech on Friday. With his poker friends and my poker friends we can speak for 10 people where we play. Something has changed on these new and reprogrammed machines. More tomorrow.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I think this is obvious to those of us who play millions of hands. They are different. I never experienced dud cycles this long years ago on the older m🤪achines

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:58 pm
I think this is obvious to those of us who play millions of hands. They are different. I never experienced dud cycles this long years ago on the older m🤪achines
It is THERE people. Put your head in the sand until your BR runs out TED and JS but someone somewhere KNOWS!!

Question? Anyone know of any other vibes on this subject on any other site?