Claiming World Record

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Claiming World Record

Post by olds442jetaway »

Sorry for the typos late and tired. This was 3 years ago. I still feel bad for the deer who died instantly. Had it been living snd suffering, I was prepared as I always am for unusual situations and could have instantly put her out of her misery.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I forgot to mention that though the holders for the headlights and turn signals were destroyed, amazingly all of the bulbs still worked Also had a new roll of duct tape in the car by coincedence. Boy did that come in handy so I could see to get to mohegan. After the collision, the lights were just dangling by the wires. When I took the car to the body shop for the estimate, he asked me what shop pulled out the radiator support and framework back away from the engine. I told him I did it by hand. He said impossible. I just said well, I did it. I know he didn’t believe me and just kept going with the estimate. The only other time a weird thing like that happened is when I was 18 ( much better shape ) and I lifted a ford falcon off of the driver who was thrown from the vehicle and had both legs trapped. No cell phones back in 1966. I just stayed with the driver until help arrived close to a half hour later. Another rural road. I never got my belt back though that I used as a tourniquet for the guys leg. I’m still hoping one day to be able to get back into that suit I had back then. Still like new in the cedar closet. 3 piece light wool beautiful chocolate brown traditional style. I dunno though. The jacket is 42. That’s ok, but the pants are a 31 waist uh oh! Well I can work on it. To top it off its back in style now.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I used to drive an Acura TL sedan. I have become very afraid of a deer strike and the deer coming over the hood and thru the windshield, so I now drive an MDX SUV. I know it doesn't completely protect me, but it feels safer. I am on the Garden State Parkway driving down to AC from Monmouth County all the time and I see the deer on the side of the road and in the wooded median. Everybody is doing at least 75MPH. I have been lucky so far. Years ago, I had a baby red-tailed Hawk fly into my front grill at about 75 MPH. It was not pretty. I had to pull the poor thing out when I got home. Safe New Years everybody.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

yes, the garden state parkway is Americas autobon !

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Just watched a Red Tail the other day. So cool. A neighbors cat was stalking a good sized field mouse. Out of nowhere the hawk swooped down and scooped up the mouse It looked like a jet taking off a carrier on the way out. The cat took it in stride and was pretty lucky in its own right that the hawk didn’t zero in on her. She is a little thing too.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:46 pm
Prayers as akways OTB for you folks.
Olds, thanks again for the prayers. Since this is off-topic I won't mention it again.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I don’t mind off topic comments at all especially this one and sometimes off topic comments lead to really interesting discussions or stories.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:23 pm
Just watched a Red Tail the other day. So cool. A neighbors cat was stalking a good sized field mouse. Out of nowhere the hawk swooped down and scooped up the mouse It looked like a jet taking off a carrier on the way out. The cat took it in stride and was pretty lucky in its own right that the hawk didn’t zero in on her. She is a little thing too.
Was playing golf several years ago and walking up the fairway noticed a very large shadow come overhead, Next thing there was some rustling in the bushes and a Hawk emerged with a mouse in it's mouth. Pretty cool, except for the mouse.

Gronbog

Post by Gronbog »

I was golfing wirh my Dad on the course where he is a member and I noticed that I had not seen a single squirrel. All was explained when he pointed out the red tailed hawk nesting on the 8th hole.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Nature is part of the reason I like the golf course.