OMG!! Non-video hits for Carrie

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Re: OMG!! Non-video hits for Carrie

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

Wow, Carrie.

M___F____S____ is right.

butchp

Post by butchp »

congrats Carrie I wish I could go to GN to see those machines. I am home bound with a lung problem.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Well I don't know about anyone else here but I just looked at Carrie's pictures again for about the hundredth time. Never get tired of seeing those great hits.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep! Reminds me of one of my first bar trips when I became legal at age 18. Getting served the first time was pretty cool. Pony beer at the local watering hole was a dime and the shot was 40 cents. I remember staring at the foam on the beer and holding the shot up to the dim light in the bar as the regulars toasted me. Then I thought how cool is this! Felt like a big shot too for a few minutes. Didn’t do that very often as I was making 1.25 an hour. Love the pics, especially the last one.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:11 pm
Yep! Reminds me of one of my first bar trips when I became legal at age 18. Getting served the first time was pretty cool. Pony beer at the local watering hole was a dime and the shot was 40 cents. I remember staring at the foam on the beer and holding the shot up to the dim light in the bar as the regulars toasted me. Then I thought how cool is this! Felt like a big shot too for a few minutes. Didn’t do that very often as I was making 1.25 an hour. Love the pics, especially the last one.
Not sure where you were residing at the time but it was during the era when the drinking age was 18 in New York and 21 in Connecticut. Lots of accidents because kids drove from CT to NY so they could partake.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Exactly correct. Always lived in Ct. since age 5. My friend’s dad had a beautiful new 65 Pontiac Bonneville. Once in awhile we he would borrow the car from his dad for the evening and drive down to Rye New York to that bar. We always had just one shot and at most 2 pony beers then headed back home. The main reason for that though was the 40 minute trip each way to Rye cost us even back then so much for gas in the Pontiac, that we had only a tiny bit for the booze. Who knows. Maybe that big beautiful fast car being a gas guzzler saved our lives. We always washed, waxed, and detailed the car the day or 2 after these trips for his dad so I think thats a big part of why he let his son take the car for the evening. Of course we were just supposed to be hanging out locally or at least not too far from home.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

PS.....by the time I turned 21, I had been at UCONN 4 years so the real local watering hole nearly walking distance from my parent’s home didn’t have that flair or interest except to stop there with my dad once in awhile to get a Hulls on tap. Always tasted better on tap.