RIP Kirk Douglas - a True Hollywood Legend

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

RIP Kirk Douglas - a True Hollywood Legend

Post by Tedlark »

The Ragman's Son, the last of his kind.
The Ragman's Son.jpg

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

103 years old. What a great life.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

case wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:17 pm
103 years old. What a great life.
For as lucky as I am; I should be so lucky.....

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

RIP Issur Danielovitch Demsky. In this day and age, I am wondering if he would keep his name, change it to Kirk Douglas or even something else. He was one of a kind. not many Hollywood types stay married for 65 years.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

OTABILL wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:41 pm
RIP Issur Danielovitch Demsky. In this day and age, I am wondering if he would keep his name, change it to Kirk Douglas or even something else. He was one of a kind. not many Hollywood types stay married for 65 years.
Nor would many of today's Hollywood Types stick their neck out the way Kirk did back in the 1950's.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep...RIP. I can’t recall the exact number of times I watched Spartacus over the years, but it was more than 6. Also I must have watched Gunfight at the OK Coral at least 10 times. I was about 9 when it came out and at that time all we played were cowboys and Indians. I will never forget my Fanner 50 sixshooters with real leather holsters. That was a huge deal for my parents to get me that set for Christmas. It was very expensive and I think that was my only present. Wish I had them now. The original commercial is on youtube if anyone cares to watch it.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

RIP Kirk Douglas...What a wonderful long life.

Antebellum Reb
Forum Regular

Post by Antebellum Reb »

i enjoy his films very much although sparticus was historically missing accuracy. i do not think his son michael is in the same league as actors go and morally isnt like his father was.

honestly kirk douglas looked like hell the last 7-8 years, i mean he really looked every bit his 103 years of age! i personally donot share the opinion that kirk douglas was somehow lucky or had a significantly better life simply because he somehow didnot die until he was 103 because if you notice the last decade of his life he required round the clock care for virtually all aspects of living. im inclined to prefer 75-80 excellent years of doing whatever i want to the bestof my ability and then checking out swiftly and dignified, versus a much longer life but one where the last 15-20% is full of age related disability and suffering. quality versus quantity i suppose. on the other hand who can really say or predict what happens or who really knows when and how they will pass away, or when the moment comes who says 'yes i'm ready to die' ?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

An excellent Kirk Douglas / Burt Lancaster movie to watch is titled: "Seven Days in May." A political thriller centered around some US military leaders led by Lancaster, plotting to overthrow the President of the United States. The plot is discovered by Kirk's character.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

AR, 75-80 is a little light. 90-95, and a good crisp one, sounds better to me.
I certainly agree though, it's not a matter of choice.