panic??

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: panic??

Post by notes1 »

smr, you try to pass of the recent couple of months of massive crime increase as drugs, give me a break.

you complain nearly everyday about the chinese virus and yet, cannot name one specific action that you or biden would take.

your hatred has consumed you. look in the mirror, do you see nice and kind?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I've asked notes what he would have done differently in the NY nursing homes but he obviously doesn't have a coherant plan, even four months later. Strange he is bullying people about not answering is questions when he can't answer something as simple as this one.

All America cares about a Biden presidency is it isn't trump.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

billryan wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:05 pm
I've asked notes what he would have done differently in the NY nursing homes but he obviously doesn't have a coherant plan, even four months later. Strange he is bullying people about not answering is questions when he can't answer something as simple as this one.

All America cares about a Biden presidency is it isn't trump.
did all that sun fry what little brain you have, already answered.

nursing home problem in NY, easy, don't send in sick patients with healthy ones. thousands of lives saved. a liberal killed then instead.

crime problem, easy, more cops, more arrests, more jail time. guarantee crime goes down quick.

now, how about answering the question posed to you. your response to chinese virus, was selective shut downs. who decides, the governors or federal government?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Simple solutions for simple minds, I suppose. 'Don't send sick patients in with healthy ones".
Utterly brilliant. Should they have put them out in the street? Send them upstate to a farm like an unwanted dog?

As to your second point, I'd say the Federal Government shuts things down for two or three weeks, sets very clear guidelines for anyplace to reopen and give the Governors the ability to reopen or keep closed parts of the state that qualify to reopen. For example, Broward County might qualify to re-open its bars, but the Governor keeps them closed because people from Dade will go drink there and go back to Miami.
We can revive the economy, we can't revive people. This weeks horrible economic news shows this half assed approach isn't working.
Will it be expensive? Hell yes. How will we pay for it? I'm sure my taxes will go up to pay for some and I imagine my grandkids taxes will be higher because of it.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

The problem is the federal government has zero control over shutting things down just like they can’t open things up when they want. It’s up to the governors of individual states as that’s where the power to make such decisions based on public health lies. The truth is somewhere in the middle— neither party or any administration has much of a chance with a unknown. They are and have been changing guidance as they learn. Have mistakes been made, for sure. The problem is they are following guidance from doctors and scientists that are giving their best guess. The politics on both sides have killed many and made things worse. You can literally know what party a so called “expert” or doctor belong to just by their opinions of proper responses. Look no further than Pelosi herself walking threw Chinatown in San Francisco telling everyone it’s safe and to go visit their favorite place then days later that changed. It happened here locally where we live with city leaders saying the same then days later the governor closed our state completely. I don’t know how you could possibly blame the Repub administration for following the Dem infection control experts advice on how to react. Our country is literally divided so much that nothing is good enough for the other side period. They look for making anything harder and a election point. Nothing about our country is about doing things for everyone for either party. The lines are drawn, neither will fix anything. If Biden is elected the Repubs will simple burn the country down to ruin him... just like the Dems are doing now and each party has done for several cycles. The fact that so many are at each other’s throats over all of this here just proves the parties have divided and conquered all of us.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Notes, I harbor no hate towards anyone. With the possible exception of our divider in chief. He is crooked and deserves to go to jail.

Do you ever watch Dr. Johnathan Reiner on CNN? He is a former physician to Bush and Cheney. He has trump and his contributions to our country's demise pegged to a tee.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Your whole post says I’m a Democrat. Your no better than those who wanted at all costs for Obama to fail. They all are egomaniacal self riotous people with money and power. He just happens to be the worse spoken president ever. That and he has a strange orange glow that makes many angry

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Of course the President can shut the country down. He can shut down the banks, close all Federal roads and ban interstate commerce. He can declare a National Emergency.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Negative. But keep beating your drum of “it’s his fault”. Sounds eerily similar to all the “he’s a dictator” claims but in reverse. The truth is he can never do anything to make some happy

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

pokerforme is exactly right, including his criticisms of trump. even trumps most ardent supporters do not deny his faults. but no dem ever criticizes anyone in their own party. they stick together likes flies on you know what. as a result, no one believes anything they say.

regarding shutdowns and federal control over closings, i am not a legal scholar and do not know the correct answer. but, i do know, earlier in the crisis, when there was talk of shutting down, coumo and most other liberal governors argued it was their decision, not trumps. and yet now, those same hypocrites along with the rest of the dems are now demanding national policies. remember, fauci said no need for masks. the 'experts' have been proven wrong many times.

i am certain of one thing, trump haters want him out and they do not care how it happens, how many lives are ruined/destroyed as a result, don't care what happens to the country as a result of their actions and don't care if getting him out is legal, fair or ethical. they don't care if getting him out requires breaking the law, people dying, reputations ruined, don't care how many jobs are lost, how many lives lost to drugs/depression/loneliness, how many people commit suicide due to lockdowns, don't care how many small businesses go under. and they certainly don't care about the kids, only the teachers unions.

they have one goal, POWER, and anyone who stands in their way will be crushed.