Stress relief

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Stress relief

Post by olds442jetaway »

OK here is one where I won’t mention politics and I really don’t have to since it is self-explanatory. The California governor just ordered all gun shops to close. Of course he said they are nonessential. Liquor stores on the other hand are essential. I have no problem with that, but gun shops? I don’t think I have to elaborate further.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Your rock fall sounded like casting from shore. What do you fish for? I think that areas like yours have seasonal runs of different fish. How does it go?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yes I was surfcasting in late August for Bluefish. You can do the same for Striped Bass pretty much all year except the dead of winter. Right now, the flounder will be coming in. Later in may and June Blackfish. We have to compete with Sea Robbins with our bait. If you are lucky, one may land a Sea Trout. It has been some years since I caught one. In the summer we also hVe big schools of Porgies. At night the Dogfish or Sandsharks will steal your bait. Freshwater is similar to most parts of the country. My personal record is a 7 lb Largemouth Bass which is huge up here, but not that unusual in say Florida. My personal record for a chain pickeral is 32 inches. Big for up here. The largest native trout I have caught is a 2 lb rainbow. I don’t fight the crowds for the stocked ones. Getting back to salt water for a moment, sometimes the bluefish only come in so far. That’s why walk out on the rock jetty and have a 9 foot surfcasting rod. If you stand and fish on the wet green seaweed on the rocks at low tide, you might as well fish from black ice. I used to not think twice about it. Now I do.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Actually he didn’t order all gun shops to close- he left it up to the local government and sheriff’s to decide. I’m no Gavin fan at all but that’s the truth. I think the worse “essential” open business is the pot shops. Even that cracked me up

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Actually he didn’t order all gun shops to close- he left it up to the local government and sheriff’s to decide. I’m no Gavin fan at all but that’s the truth. I think the worse “essential” open business is the pot shops. Even that cracked me up

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

John Travolta was hospitalized for suspected COVID-19, but doctors now confirm that it was only Saturday Night Fever, and they assure everyone that he is Staying Alive.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I stand corrected on the gun shop issue. Evidently the Governor’s wording was so vague saying things like to be essential it had to be for critical infrastructure. The locals acted out of caution. They are being sued now. I don’t have an opinion on the head shops as I still call them. Guess they are essential for infrastructure!

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Olds, bluefish,flounder,striped bass, porgie,. What is the best eating fish?
I of course in MI. have only freshwater. Have taken lake run Rainbows up to 15#.
My night fishing sees up to 5-6# Brown trout and rainbows. Very challenging on a 7-foot fly-rod in fast water at midnight. We also have good runs of salmon in the fall, but i am usually in my tree bow-hunting whitetails.
Re-quoting for you one that i fired at FP a while back: "God does not charge against a mans allotted time on earth,the time spent fishing." I figure i am good until about 102,how about you :up:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto......that number sounds good to me. My favorite is the Flounder. White meat and not fishy. Great rolled up and stuffed. Those are some big trout. Congrats. We have some big lake trout up here, but you need to go to the bigger lakes in a boat and fish real deep. I prefer the shore, ponds, and streams. One never knows what you might see or run into there and that is part of the fun. Forgot to ask Tech.... regular or compound bow? Used to shoot a 65 and 80. Few issues now Rotator Cuff. Not enough to keep me down though thank goodness.