Virus Info. Exchange

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
tech58
Video Poker Master

Virus Info. Exchange

Post by tech58 »

Thought Q&A thread might be helpful.

#1 Read an interesting point this morning about Ultraviolet Light killing viruses very quickly.This is the reason outdoors in the daylight is much safer. Do not know the veracity of this info. Anyone know?

If true why not use intense UV lights to disinfect things like masks and other critical med. equipment,and also home use for food packages and many other items.

Myself i have to believe it is too good to be true.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Snake oil.....

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Has been around a long time sold as travel wands to sanitize wardrobe etc. It’s not perfect but is definitely used in some applications. It does cause skin cancer, and can ruin one’s eyes. Still research is ongoing. It messes with the virus DNA so it can’t replicate. Yes, good idea to leave mail in the sun before opening. Even shoes upside down. I have been researching this since January. Used it some in labs when I was back at UCONN. The UVC type of Uv light can kill the virus quickly, but a few seconds exposure to skin or eyes is very bad as described above. They are working now on a shorter wavelength uvc around 220 if I remember that may kill the virus and be relatively safe, but way too early to tell.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Everybody got the virus genetic code around January 10. Since then, there are about 50 entities competing in the Great Vaccine Race. Look into Walter Reed and Beth Israel Boston for people with a real clue.