MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by olds442jetaway »

So far, it looks like 2024 will be ruled by the headlines. One day it’s this, next day it’s that That could be good for me because I like to hit and run in the Market. Collect dividends if my timing is off. Examples…..Fed will cut rates, Fed won’t cut rates, inflation under control, inflation raises its ugly head, economy slowing, economy forging ahead and on and on and on. “ Buy on the rumor, sell on the news “. Unlike VP, I have no trouble doing that in the market. With VP, it’s hit, but don’t run! 😬

Karl_EDT

Post by Karl_EDT »

I might be digressing but due to the bad weather these last few days, I have been viewing some of the many documentaries on free streaming sights like TUBi that deal with the World Economic History and situation since World War 2, and especially the USA economy.

The 2008 great recession which everyone automatically blames on the USA housing sub prime mortgage banking fiasco, was truly a worldwide event and many other markets and countries were even more bonkers than the USA; because of the fraudulent practices of Bankers, and lack of Government oversight, there was the bankrupting of entire nations like Iceland SPain and Greece to name a few. It was a handful of sinister cynical sociopathic greedy bankers and government officials that were responsible for most of the crisis literally got away with the greatest financial crime in history, since after the crisis no one other than Bernard Madoff and a handful of others really saw any jail time, just some fines and fees which were easily paid.

The real victims, as always were the average citizens, middle to lower class. I'm sticking with GOLD and SILVER and keeping myself debt free; When Spring warm weather comes I am starting a nice Garden too!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Debt free is a great idea. We have maintained a vegetable garden my entire life. Can’t argue your silver and gold statement either! Good luck

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Great month. Today’s Highlights: Netflix +11%, not that I own any. TEL +7%. Let’s go 7-11!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

So far so good. I will be happy just to stay even this year and collect dividends like this.
Attachments
IMG_2654.png

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yeah, that’s what I must remember. Break even, collect the dividend and shut up.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:02 pm
So far so good. I will be happy just to stay even this year and collect dividends like this.
Of the ones you mentioned earlier ABR and SACH have analyst ratings over 8. Look very good.
Have you looked at ETF,s like MORT or REM (REIT type) that have similar % returns. Spread over many companies. For some reason they are not rated very good. Puzzling.
Not pumping anything just asking.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I haven’t, but I will check them out. Probably spreads the risk better. Thanks. I’m a bit leery right now of adding too much more to mortgage rates I think inflation is rearing its ugly head again, and of course the administration as always continues to lie to us, or leaves out the important items in the equation. I think interest rates will remain in the 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 range for the foreseeable future but I guess we will see.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

Just holding now and not buying. Going to wait and see if the market takes a downturn. Just can't keep going up like this.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Agree. Typo above reit not rate.