MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by FAA »

If so, I want to return mine. NASDAQ -1.9% today and NVDA -2.8%. Pure pain; no choice but to hope for a 2019 economy within the next few years. Hey, FHIGX is only -1% YOY. I guess you're -10% on it, which would be a blessing for some of my picks.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

"If I Can Be Optimistic When I'm Nearly Dead, Surely The Rest Of You Can Handle A Little Inflation"
-Berkshire Hathaway VP Charlie Munger. Good Time Charlie is 99.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

I have been buying Disney aggressively every time it gets to 80 dollars or less. It has had a nice pop today after reporting earnings. On its way to triple digits in the new year.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yeah, you’re in the clear. Wait until they themselves are sold. That’s the real windfall.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Looks like some profit taking hit and run damage. I am still debating on selling some for a tax loss before the end of the year. I can buy it back after the 30 day wash sale rule, but run the risk of a big pop during that 30 day wait period. There are rumblings of returning the dividend. Nothing definite. I have no buy/sell fees with Fidelity. That makes decisions that much easier. It still boggles my mind why so many people pay for financial advisors when most of them can’t beat the Dow, Nasdaq, or basic ETFs.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

I have no fee trades and buys as well. I agree with what you said about financial advisors. People who are new to the markets just need to get a few good index funds like say VOO and just buy and hold.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Guess we will see if the market can pop the rest of the year. What people don’t realize is that 3.2 number is an increase of already high prices and the core number does not include food or energy. Good day today though.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Eureka! My TEL is at least back to $130. Nice to see all those green numbers on my screen.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Great points on financial advisors olds and case. They create no money like banks do. Their only income comes out of the accounts of customers.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yes, it’s been a bitter ride after returning with this account. The good news is that Goldman Sachs is predicting NASDAQ 4,700 at the end of next year. I’ll wash my hands of this by January 2025.