MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
case
VP Veteran

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by case »

Well I did pick up a few more shares of DIS today at 79.50. Still accumulating shares.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Case on the case.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I hope long run it works out for us both Case. I’m not sure how long of a run that will be. As we speak, I am down 8 grand on my Disney shares.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

As further punishment for the market retreating to June levels, I am playing mostly nickels at Bizarro World. I see Fidelity CDs are paying 5.5 or more going out 10 years, meaning of course very bad for bonds and potentially very bad for the Market as a whole.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

You made the right decision. From now on, strictly quarters upon arrival until fifteen minutes and try my luck on dollar. September statement will be a disaster. Firm sold off a $2,480 cost stock for half of that.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

My brother pays for a quite expensive advisor. He advised my brother to sell off all bonds and bond funds. He has taken quite a hit on them already. I saw this coming a year ago and dumped mine except for one. I’m sorry I kept that one. It has tax free on the zfed side dividends, but the value has dropped way more than the dividends. Big mistake to have kept it. .

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

Olds not sure what average price you payed for Disney but at todays prices this stock should run. Lots of bad news about Disney the past year and that and now CEO Iger has had a year to get things turned around a change is coming. Of course a recession will hurt but give this stock time and it could double from todays price. I am only buying now under 80 dollars. Near term if my drop more but it is long term gold.

This is just my opinion after doing my own research. One other note: If this stock gets caught up in more bad news or a long recession drives the stock lower, I have a stock loss set at 74.50. I would take the loss and then re buy at the lower price. This stock has a future. (just hope I do :LOL)

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks Case. Hope for all here who own it, it comes back. I may sell some before the year end and buy it back as well after 30 days to avoid the wash sale rule. I don’t have a lot of gains this year, but I could offset them all plus 3,000 and carry any extra over to subsequent years.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Add that loss to my belly up bank loss. This has been just as miserable as last year. I got aggressive and picked a tech portfolio at the worst time. Must ride things out for five years.
Wall Street is stressed that Disney plans to spend $60B on the parks division. Hell, that’s their best way to generate profits! Stevie Wonder can see a rebound.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

My saving Grace this year has been CDs. I got in as soon as they started hitting 2.7 percent with 6 month to one year maturities. Now they are renewing at 5.7 and the money market is 4.99. I dumped all of my losers except my two worst. Disney and FHIGX. Big mistake to keep them. I don’t have a 20 or 30 year horizon unless science figures a way to keep us going. I am still looking at a not so great year though both market and Vp. On an up note, every day is a gift!!