Anyone looking at Sweden's numbers?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
wildman49
Video Poker Master

Anyone looking at Sweden's numbers?

Post by wildman49 »

Sweden only closed high schools and collage and move it on line. All grade schools open. Limited gatherings to less then 50. Asked all to do social distancing with no lock downs or mask wearing. I been following this as there population is 10 mill in Sweden and 9.9 mill in Michigan.

Sweden is about a month behind us so it will be some time to get final numbers. Sweden deaths at 2194 Michigans at 3274. I don't care how you spin this, over blown is over blown. NO lock down should have happened in U.S.A. You can say Michigan has more elderly, minority, whatever then Sweden but I think the bottom line is our government failed us over the 20% of older Americans that are vulnerable to corona-virus.

My MOM is 76 year old with COPD. She has left the house 2 times in the last 45 days. If there was no lock down she would have done the same.

My wife's daughter lives in Phoenix AZ a RN in a nursing home. Many was getting the virus there. She had to get tested. She was positive. It took 4 days to get that report. They sent her home for 7 days. Shes back to work for a week now.

People are now being given a death certificate with virus death when some might have died from another form like congestive heart failure, or many MANY other cause of death. On top of that there are so many more carrying the virus that there is noway to divide the number of tested into the number of deaths and come up with some kind of real number.

AS we see the government try to bail out many large companys, small businesses, all 50 states bleeding money on lock down, and all 330 million Americans, was it worth the financial burden we as citizens have to bare?

I for one hope the FED keeps printing money, since most every county in the world is broke we might survive.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

wildman, don't agree with you about fed creating money out of thin air, but that is another topic.

as to the rest of your post, your problem is that you are being logical, making sense, you are actually acting like you want this to end. WHOA boy! the liberals and the media are never going to let that happen. the dems WANT this to go on, they want as much pain/suffering/death as possible. why? because it might bring trump down.

getting rid of trump is all that matters, nothing else. no price is high enough, as long as he is gone and they get power back.

stop being logical, stop trying to solve this problem, because the chinese virus IS NOT a problem, it IS the solution. the virus may accomplish what stormy, russia, ukraine, etc could not do. the virus may get rid of trump. no way the left is going to allow this problem to be solved.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Australia and New Zealand have it under control. Why?

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Carcounter wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:30 am
Complete and all inclusive prevention of immigration!
Mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the country,including returning citizens.
I can hear the left-nuts now: "how dare they use such police-state tactics".
They "dare" because their top concern is to protect the lives of their citizens!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

And the PM of New Zealand is an unapologetic liberal. Great to be surrounded by water.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

nearly 65% of all usa deaths are from 5 states, all in the northeast, except michigan. and ONLY two of those 5 states rank in the top 10 most populated states.

the county i live in, which includes clearwater beach (where many spring breakers landed), has 1 million folks (many older, it's fl) and only 25 have died.

25 out of 1,000,000.

davidearl

Post by davidearl »

tech58 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:43 am
Carcounter wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:30 am
Complete and all inclusive prevention of immigration!
Mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the country,including returning citizens.
They "dare" because their top concern is to protect the lives of their citizens!
The Sun, The heat, and humidity all help combat the Chinese Virus. It was the middle of Summer in the southern hemisphere. Fl. is summer most of the year. Ca. is in a summer heatwave. Open up those beaches. That WILL flatten the curve!

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

tech58 wrote:
I'm confused. The protesters I see complaining about "police state tactics" and demanding we open things up are not liberals, are they?

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Eduardo wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:02 pm
tech58 wrote:
I'm confused. The protesters I see complaining about "police state tactics" and demanding we open things up are not liberals, are they?
The point was about policies of containment in Australia/New Zealand not here, as in "we".
Your Quote was taken out of context.
Just to clarify,Eduardo, I am not a supporter of the protesters here.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

That's good to hear.

Personally, I'm just sickened by how political this has gotten. If anything should be bipartisan, it should be dealing with something like this.

We do need to heed the advice of medical experts and we do also need to start planning to re-open cautiously to prevent further harm to the economy. Everyone should agree on that and our leaders should be working together instead of keeping up with the divisive messaging and attacks.

The situation is scary enough without our politicians using their partisan fear tactics in the midst of it all. That includes the over-reaching criticisms of Trump's handling of the situation.