cuomo...blood on his hands?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

cuomo...blood on his hands?

Post by notes1 »

25% of all the deaths from chinese virus in NY were in nursing homes. everyone knew that older, sick folks were vulnerable. this should be an easier group to protect, they don't go anywhere, they only get infected, if the disease is brought to them. yet, it was gov cuomo who directed that infected covid patients, could not be denied entry and must go to nursing homes. he BROUGHT the disease to them. one could say many seniors died because of what he ordered.

if trump did this, the dems would call for an investigation, accuse trump of murder and seek his impeachment.

as a conservative, i will not ask for any of that. cuomo made a decision, in the heat of a crisis, it was a bad decision, but i have no doubt it was just an error, not intentional.

the next time, like soooo many times before, the dems want to say trump has blood on his hands, maybe they will be as generous. but, i doubt it.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto. Nearly 50 percent in Ct. You probably read earlier this week I lost three people to this. All were in nursing homes. Unfortunately, it mostly comes from the aides.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

why aren't we getting 'real' data, real percentages about those infected. i read very little about how unaffected the young are, but schools are closed. i read that the old/infirmed are vulnerable, but not much that the death toll could be 20-30-40%, of those in nursing homes.

the real scandal would be that if the majority of the deaths were those in nursing homes, they should have been the easiest to protect.

davidearl

Post by davidearl »

notes1 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:42 am
why aren't we getting 'real' data, real percentages about those infected. i read very little about how unaffected the young are, but schools are closed. i read that the old/infirmed are vulnerable, but not much that the death toll could be 20-30-40%, of those in nursing homes.

the real scandal would be that if the majority of the deaths were those in nursing homes, they should have been the easiest to protect.
Most of the nursing homes' deaths were caused by new residents who were placed there from hospitals. Most insurance only covers a 30 day hospital stay before they have to go to long term care homes. some states have ordered that the nursing homes "can not ask about the virus", and have to accept them. This spreads the virus to the workers, and then to the residents.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

davidearl wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:15 pm
notes1 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:42 am

Most of the nursing homes' deaths were caused by new residents who were placed there from hospitals. Most insurance only covers a 30 day hospital stay before they have to go to long term care homes. some states have ordered that the nursing homes "can not ask about the virus", and have to accept them. This spreads the virus to the workers, and then to the residents.
[/quoted

in NY, cuomo mandated that these new nursing home residents be placed in facilities, whether they were infected or not. they could have been treated at the hospitals and not placed among healthy nursing home patients. the hospital ship and the javits center were damn near empty and unused. he BROUGHT the sick into the facilities with the healthy and got them all sick.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

The perp. is getting a pass on MSM. Nothing new there. Add him to the list.
biden's grab-a.s ,swept under the rug also.They did not even bother to dust off the old clinton defense "IT"S JUST ABOUT SEX"!!!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

They are really bringing out the lawyers and so called experts to show how the accusations are false. That said, I have a real problem with either side making these kinds of claims of bad behavior that may or may not have happened 20 or 30 years ago.
As to Cuomo, he talks a good game on the radio for hours every day, but the bottom line unfortunately is people in these homes are going to receive minimal care from a staff with many times minimal competence. I am not taking anything away from these folks that put their own lives on the line every day to work there. They just don’t have enough staff to deal with it and the expertise level of the aides with few exceptions is minimal. I spent more hours than I can count for nearly a year in the nursing home my own mom was in 4 years ago. There were more fires to put out every day than you can imagine and she was in the best rated home in the area. Unfortunately, her needs were not just home health care, but severe medical needs as well. In her own home, in home care didn’t work. We tried that too for almost a year. Her medical needs were too great and when she wasn’t in the hospital, she was in the nursing home. There were a few Angels that worked there though and those people I will never forget.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

By the way, Nursing homes are no free ride for anyone with assets. Once your Medicare coverage runs out after a hundred days or so and you are considered to be beyond rehabilation and relegated to a custodial care category, you are looking at well over 200,000 bucks a year out of your own pocket to stay there. If you find that hard to believe, call around up here in the Northeast. The better homes can run 500 to 600 a day for care. You can do the math.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i brought the story about cuomo and nursing homes, not just to beat on a liberal. in fact, i stated i am confident his ruling was just a mistake. i am sure he had no intention of inflicting death upon innocent seniors.

BUT, let's remember that sometimes decisions are made, that do not always work out as hoped, especially in an ongoing crisis.

let's hope dems remember this when they will most certainly go after trump for some decision he made.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The only thing they can remember unfortunately is they lost the last one and will do anything not to lose again. I’m still afraid Joe may hand iver the wheel to Hillary.