Let's talk about Buffet openings

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Let's talk about Buffet openings

Post by Tedlark »

tech58 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:02 am
Tedlark wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:41 pm
Tedlark wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:41 pm
Best Buffet in Vegas!!!.jpg
Best Buffet in Vegas!!!!!
Ted is the buffet in the pic. the one you are referring to? Where at?
Um...stevel, help???

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Concerns about the smokers when re-opening happens got me to wondering.
Can the virus move thru the air expelled while breathing,or smoke from same source?
I have only heard about droplets of moisture in the air being contaminated

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Why bother changing the topic title - I thought (at the time) the best buffet in the early '90's was at the Mirage, then Bellagio opened...

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Absolutely agree notes. Have been bringing our own black pepper for years in the little packets. We don’t use salt. As to the ketchup, we tried not to use it. Just flip it open and see what is built up there nevermind the hands on part from hundreds of prior diners. Sometimes we would ask for a new bottle at our table, but how many of us have seen some diners or small restaurants fill the empty Heinz bottles with some off brand generic ketc

hup. Of course nothing gets washed. I have many doctors abd nurses in the family and friends also. Learned all of this stuff years ago in my 30’s. Hate to even post this stuff, but it is absolutely true.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

I have always believed that the effectiveness of peoples immune system varies a lot.
We all know people who seem to be sick far more often than others.
The secrets of the immune system are not well known.
For example many people,myself included,who had the flu in the fall of 1957 have not had flu since and scientists do not know why.
Bacteria and viruses on the things we come in contact with are not universally effective.
This seems evident in this pandemic as quite a number of people of people test positive who had absolutely no symptoms.
Apparently their immune system kicked the crap out of the invaders without notifying headquarters.
Other poor souls are gone in a day.
Why is that?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Had the flu in 1975. Got it on a trip to Maine with my new bride of one year. Never since knock on wood though I was forced to get a flu shot 5 years ago in order to visit and help out in the nursing home she was in. Yes, I believe some people’s constitution is much stronger than others.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Had the flu in 1975. Got it on a trip to Maine with my new bride of one year. Never since knock on wood though I was forced to get a flu shot 5 years ago in order to visit and help out in the nursing home my mom was in. Yes, I believe some people’s constitution is much stronger than others.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

advantage playe wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:34 am
at Borgata, the amphora club always had very good food ! but I always thought there buffet was even better !! no bar though , like the amphora has !
Yep, excellent Ketel One martinis at Amphora. The only thing I ever ate at the Amphora buffet was meat from the carving station. I have been avoiding buffets and salad bars for years. Even on a Disney Cruise, I never ate from a buffet. They just don't make me hungry. There will be changes, no doubt.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

as he said in rocket man , I think its going to be a long , long time !!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

hey olds instead of knock on wood , I would say THANK GOD ! from whom all true blessings flow ! but that's up to you of coarse ! A suggestion only .