Who failed to prepare,and why!

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
tech58
Video Poker Master

Who failed to prepare,and why!

Post by tech58 »

Saw an interesting tidbit on the presser today. ND. governor being recognized for his state being prepared with the needed PPE, ventilators, and facilities to protect his citizens. :up:
There are many states who were unprepared like NY.,NJ.,MI.IL.,etc. and they were the biggest whiners about Fed. not helping them out. :down:
All states have been given Fed. funds to prepare for such a crisis since 2005!
ND. used their funds as required by law and were prepared. :up:
The majority of states did little or nothing. Including the above mentioned perp's. MI. used their funds to build roads!! :down:
Yet they have the gall to criticize the Fed. for not being ready. Granted that after obama ran out the Fed. stockpile of ventilators and PPE during the SAR"s thing and did not fully replenish them,Trump did not either.

How can the Republican leaders let all the criticism land on Trump without bringing this up!!
They should simply outline each States funding and what they did with it! Name names and kick butt!!
Problem being that they would have to criticize a lot of REPUBLICAN Gov's.. Whoops can't do that!
So Americans can die in hundreds daily.Criminal Governors can channel virus cases into nursing homes.
But the political SWAMP carries on,and we get to pay the bill!!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

And the beat ( media ) goes on.....even at ny age, I would love to be locked in a bar with the media for a few hours and a perimeter around it where nobody could get out. Out of boredom, have been working this old frame to death with dumbells and long fast walks. Would love to see how I could do with that whiny whimpy bunch of liars especially after a few beers.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

olds, you are looking for objective, complete reporting. not going to happen, when the media will only report on something that fits their narrative.

how about a couple of facts;
-in the usa, chinese virus has caused about 84k deaths
-could be nursing homes deaths are about 60% of those total deaths
-that means that maybe 50,000 out of 84,000 are nursing home related. criminal how these vulnerable folks were left unprotected.
-looks like there are nearly zero deaths of young folks. deaths for anyone under age 55 is rare.

so, why is the country largely shut down, when the death rate is maybe 30-50k out of 300,000,000?

protect the elderly, take precautions, get back to work!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Agree. As much as I like listening to Dr Fauci, I know the Pres wishes he were back on The Apprentice for a day so he could say.....you’re fired.

phnxnmartini

Post by phnxnmartini »

According to President Trump, he tweeted on 02/24 - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” The Trump administration did not take Covid-19 serious and err on the side of caution. He continuoulsy misled the country - For example, he also tweeted this on 02/26 - “When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Notes that # on nursing homes is astounding. Did you find that from a reliable source or is that somebodies butt-number?

phnxnmartini

Post by phnxnmartini »

As Dr. Rick Bright stated at the briefing today - "We're in deep S**t, the world is."

Dr. Rick Bright, the HHS whistleblower, told lawmakers the exact moment that he knew the U.S.'s response to the coronavirus pandemic was doomed. During his testimony Thursday before the House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on Health, Bright recalled a conversation he had with Mike Bowen, a Texas-based surgical mask maker. 'Congressman I'll never forget the emails I received from Mike Bowen indicating that our mask supplier, N95 respirator supplier, was completely decimated and he said "we're in deep s***, the world is, and we need to act,"' Bright recalled. 'And I pushed that forward to the highest levels I could in HHS and got no repsonse.' 'From that moment I knew that we were going to have a crisis for our healthcare workers because we were not taking action,' Bright continued. 'We were already behind the ball, that was our last opportunity to turn on that production to save the lives of our healthcare workers and we didn't act.'

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Another "whistleblower". Yawn.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Don't tweak the troll Car.
It will go back under it's rock.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

BTW very interesting read, an article by Mark Bauerlein. "It's Hard to Be A Liberal".
Describes very clearly the huge rift in the dem. party and why. Hugely informative.