mask or no mask?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
davidearl

Re: mask or no mask?

Post by davidearl »

tech58 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:55 am
Considering that smoke can carry a virus, can anyone who has used a mask in the past for protection against smoke comment on how effective it is. Can you still smell smoke?
I can tell that Sam's Club has been Sanitized as soon as I walk in, so I'm sure you will smell a little smoke. A good mask has 3 layers, and can be tested by trying to blow out a candle through the mask. My wife and I both had birthdays in April and May, and our masks are good. We set off the fire alarm though :lol: .

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Tedlark wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:12 pm
Carcounter wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:23 am
I still feel funny walking into a bank with a mask on.
Car, you ARE wearing clothes too, right? Not just a mask?
Of course. Ever have that dream/nightmare that you don't have any clothes on and you are in public?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Carcounter wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:00 am
Tedlark wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:12 pm
Carcounter wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:23 am
I still feel funny walking into a bank with a mask on.
Car, you ARE wearing clothes too, right? Not just a mask?
Of course. Ever have that dream/nightmare that you don't have any clothes on and you are in public?
More often than you may think.....

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Vague memories of streakers popped into my head. Was that you Ted?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

tech58 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:04 pm
Maybe tech, have you ever been to Nacogdoches?

Sorry, sometimes the need to throw in a John Wayne movie line just gets the best of me.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Tedlark wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:27 pm
tech58 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:04 pm
Maybe tech, have you ever been to Nacogdoches?

Sorry, sometimes the need to throw in a John Wayne movie line just gets the best of me.
Am totally missing this one :?

Is it clean enough to expound on? ;)

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

In the movie "Big Jake" John Wayne is required to cause a diversion. The Duke causes this diversion by getting into a fight with a very large man and this man is tossing Wayne pretty much around. Once the diversion works, to end the fight, Wayne asks the man: "Have you ever been to Nacodoches?" The man replies with a "no" and John Wayne responds with: "strange" and just ambles away in pure John Wayne walk. With a very puzzled look the other man, as Wayne is walking away, replies: "Well I ain't never been to Nacodoches."

I guess there are worse things in life I could be other than a huge John Wayne fan. I could be a Green Bay Packers fan. Kidding, kidding. To me: Ray Nitschke was the 2nd best middle linebacker ever to play in the NFL and also the 2nd best linebacker ever to play at The University of Illinois. Ironically the players ahead of him in both these categories are in fact, the same person.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Excellent clarification Ted. Your "diversion' has solidified my suspicions.
Not a packer fan(note that i can not even capitalize that foul word,any more than yankee)is to your credit.
Mike deserves your respect.
However the dastardly deed of breaking Bobby Laynes leg intentionaly in the 50's weighs heavily on your chosen affiliation.

davidearl

Post by davidearl »

Tedlark wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:44 pm
In the movie "Big Jake" John Wayne is required to cause a diversion. The Duke causes this diversion by getting into a fight with a very large man and this man is tossing Wayne pretty much around. Once the diversion works, to end the fight, Wayne asks the man: "Have you ever been to Nacodoches?" The man replies with a "no" and John Wayne responds with: "strange" and just ambles away in pure John Wayne walk. With a very puzzled look the other man, as Wayne is walking away, replies: "Well I ain't never been to Nacodoches."

I guess there are worse things in life I could be other than a huge John Wayne fan. I could be a Green Bay Packers fan. Kidding, kidding. To me: Ray Nitschke was the 2nd best middle linebacker ever to play in the NFL and also the 2nd best linebacker ever to play at The University of Illinois. Ironically the players ahead of him in both these categories are in fact, the same person.
I've been there, Ted. I was on my way to Brownsville.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

tech, in my opinion the best middle linebacker ever to play the position was Dick Butkus. And I am a lifelong Pittsburgh Steeler's fan, they had a couple good linebackers themselves over the years.