I don't think people understand what's going on

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
wildman49
Video Poker Master

I don't think people understand what's going on

Post by wildman49 »

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — A staggering 70% of businesses in Dubai expect to close their doors within the next six months as the coronavirus pandemic and global lockdowns ravage demand, a survey by the Dubai Chamber of Commerce revealed Thursday.

The Chamber surveyed 1,228 CEOs across a range of sectors between April 16 and April 22, during the emirate’s strictest lockdown period. Nearly three-quarters of those surveyed were small businesses with fewer than 20 employees. Of the respondents, more than two-thirds saw a moderate-to-high risk of going out of business in the coming six months: 27% said they expected to lose their businesses within the next month, and 43% expect to go out of business within six.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/21/coronav ... onths.html

I don't think most understand what's really going on around the real world.

The US stock market is being played buy the Feds using the over night futures trading. They know there is a whole lot of traders shorting the market. So the Fed goes in pumps up the market like this past Monday. The DOW opened up 700 plus, this makes any short seller have to cover by the end of the day since they held a short position over the weekend. Sure enough the DOW closed up 900. All the media saying big rally on wall st. but it really only went up 200 since it opened up 700. Why would the Fed do this you ask? Well most every 401k, IRA,403b and pensions of most every company is invested in the market. We can't have it fail.

I been in and out of the market since 1983. My first ever trade was Boeing (BA). I feel Boeing is headed for bankruptcy by early next year. They are headed the same way GM did in 2008-2009.They are not to big to fail. BA will not take FED money, sold bonds and wants nothing to do with the 60 billion the Fed offered them. In the end I feel they are going under.

The fact of many company's like BA trying to borrow there way thru this is just a disaster. Most will only be running at 50 to 60 percent revenue for a year until a vaccine comes in will never fly. We might not see a vaccine for years.

In late 1989 the japan market hit an all time high of 40k and has only recovered half that in 30 years. I can see the DOW heading to 15k and stuck there for a long time. I know everyone thinks it will always come back if it goes down. It has since the great depression, but this time might be that same result as the Jap market if we head lower. I don't know if the FED has enough to prop it up this time. At some point the E in P/E will take over.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That’s funny Wildnan. I have been in and out of the market too since 1978. My first trade was BA also. Back then had to use a full service broker Merrill Lynch that was across the street from where I worked. I think I made 100 bucks and bailed then promptly went to Jai Alai which was 5 minutes from where I worked also after work and promptly blew it.