many millennials are just larger children

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
DougJ

Re: many millennials are just larger children

Post by DougJ »

Indeed. The Wendy's franchise owner didn't do anything wrong and yet there goes their investment.
Meanwhile, Wendy's does not donate to any presidential campaigns, BUT they gave $500,000 to "support social justice in the Black community." Well, well.

Meanwhile, as predicted, Chicago residents in so-called "food deserts" are complaining right now that they don't have access to food, as grocery stores were either looted or closed down. Example is the South side Jewel on 75th, shelves wiped clean by looters. So, of course, they demand "answers".

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i have little sympathy for some large chain businesses. there are many that are paying out 'extortion' money to a number of causes, in hopes of being on the favored side of these thugs.

speaking of chicago, ted and others would know better than me, but wasn't this what jessie jackson did. threaten companies for money or face some organized back lash from the black community.

but, as many of the left are seeing, these terrorists don't care who they rob, burn or loot.

DougJ

Post by DougJ »

Speaking of extortion, a Black activist in Chicago is now organizing protests at Chase banks in Chicago, He is demanding "reparations " from Chase of $10 bilion dollars because of disparity in lending...
Apparently Chase likes to do mortgages with folks who can repay their loans, and those folks just dont buy homes in his ghetto. True

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

notes1 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:45 pm
i have little sympathy for some large chain businesses. there are many that are paying out 'extortion' money to a number of causes, in hopes of being on the favored side of these thugs.

speaking of chicago, ted and others would know better than me, but wasn't this what jessie jackson did. threaten companies for money or face some organized back lash from the black community.

but, as many of the left are seeing, these terrorists don't care who they rob, burn or loot.
notes - Jesse Jackson and Operation Push was "at odds" with Budweiser back in the day and was threatening to call a national boycott because they felt that Budweiser wasn't doing enough for the minority communities. This was even though Budweiser was one of the biggest corporate givers to things like the UNCF and about 18% of their workforce being minority.

Mysteriously things smoothed out after 2 of Jackson's sons were quietly offered the opportunity to buy one of the biggest exclusive Budweiser distributorships in the country. This distributorship spanned from Lake Michigan on the east approximately 72 blocks to the west and approximately 52 blocks north to south. For those not very familiar with the Chicago landscape; this covered ALL of the downtown area and then some. The Jackson brothers sold this distributorship several years ago for a very tidy sum of money.

Most recently (I mean before he tried to latch on to George Floyd's family) Jesse was attempting to shakedown Buffalo Wild Wings. I would have thought he would try to shake down the wing joint WHILE his sons owned the beer distributorship as beer & wings kinda go hand in hand. And it's also funny how people have all but forgotten about his (those alleged and those proven) illegitimate children.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

would this be the same son who pleaded guilty to mail and wire fraud, and served time in federal prison?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

What was the old saying about apples not falling too far from the tree? I guess you mean the son who collects nearly 140,000 a year in payments from Uncle Sap?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

notes1 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:14 pm
would this be the same son who pleaded guilty to mail and wire fraud, and served time in federal prison?
Nope, he isn't. But we have not heard a peep out of him or his ex-wife (who used to be an Alderman in the City of Chicago) ever since he got out, they were also going through a very nasty divorce.