Ice Storm

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
MikeA
Video Poker Master

Re: Ice Storm

Post by MikeA »

In this mess, I don't even go out for the mail unless I'm expecting something.  Seriously, I haven't been in the car since any of this started and don't plan to be out in it.  Lord Willin' an the Creek Don't Rise, I'll be flying to Vegas right after Christmas.  Only for a couple of days, but anything to get away from this mess here.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I probably shouldn't do this. It is 77 and Sunny here today.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I think it's supposed to get above freezing either tomorrow or Friday.  It's in the 20's now.  But there is no precipitation and the roads are pretty well cleaned off now and we still haven't lost power.  I do feel for those north of us and also those down around OK City.  They really got hit.  I heard that there were 74,000 homes without power up north of us. 

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I think it's supposed to get above freezing either tomorrow or Friday.  It's in the 20's now.  But there is no precipitation and the roads are pretty well cleaned off now and we still haven't lost power. 

I do feel for those north of us and also those down around OK City.  They really got hit.  I heard that there were 74,000 homes without power up north of us. 

I don't know if there is anything much worse than an Ice Storm. If the power goes out in the summer only thing is the AC don't work  and a few spoiled groceries.