arrogance, incompetence and criminal

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Antebellum Reb
Forum Regular

arrogance, incompetence and criminal

Post by Antebellum Reb »

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Thanks for posting this AR. Heavy emphasis on the criminal. I hope he goes to jail and/or rots in hell for his lack of empathy and incompetence.

Antebellum Reb
Forum Regular

Post by Antebellum Reb »

well im not that extreme about him rotting in hell but jail might be something he sees before his life is over, but i understand your sentiment. im not going to dispense my own personal sermon on morality and what i believe because i recognize and accept every human being is flawed and we need to be forgiving towards all people if we want to be forgiven ourself, but i am troubled by how so many people still, even now, refuse to accept that the current administration (if you can even call it that) is a total disaster on so many levels. it's not like this should be a surprise, because in 2016 trump's record and history were there for all to see and absorb (except of course his tax records and history). his incompetence and corruption and destructive business dealings would in any election before 2016 immediately and automatically disqualify anyone for the presidency.

Sea Lion

Post by Sea Lion »

When Trump was running in 2016, he was trolling at first and did not expect to win. Here are a few reasons why he did win.

- Millennials and GenZ (who are old enough to vote) had the attitude of "someone else will take care of it". Well "someone else" did take care of this and this is the result. Now they are bitching and moaning about todays political climate. They will have another shot at this on Nov 3. This is their (and everybodys) chance to be heard at the polls, by mail or otherwise. If someone does not vote, IMO they need to just zip it and roll with the tide. They had their chance. Voting is a right we have that people in other countries kill for... literally, or don't even have that opportunity.

- The Dems put Hillary up against Trump. That sealed their fate and basically gave Trump the win. This was an election where people were sick and tired of the "career politician" milking the US for what it is worth for their own personal agendas. If they would have put Bernie up, we would have had President Sanders.

We will see who can sell us the biggest line of bullsh*t on Nov 3.

felix

Post by felix »

Sea Lion, I place the blame for Trump's 2016 win mostly on Hillary. Some was her fault, some not. Trump benefitted from certain swing voters who (a) did not want a woman elected; (b) within their innermost beliefs, not expressed publicly, had prejudices toward Hispanic immigrants, Hispanic illegal immigrants, and Blacks; and (c) believed to some degree that Hillary was a morally flawed candidate.

Add to that Hillary's incompetent campaign --- i.e., placing campaign resources in the final days of the election on states she didn't need to reach 270 and ignoring the critical states of Wisconsin and Michigan --- despite campaign officials in those two states begging for last-minute campaign resources.

Combine all of the above and add in a quirk of the Electoral College system that allowed someone who lost the election by 3 million votes to win, and you have the recipe for Trump's 2016 victory.

Most of those elements do not exist in 2020. Trump is likely to lose, but anything can happen in this unsettled and somewhat crazy time. The election belongs totally to the battleground states, and most specifically (as of now) Arizona, Florida, and North Carolina. My prediction is a Biden win with approximately 300+/- Electoral College votes --- not a landslide, but a definite win.

If Biden brings in both the House and the Senate with him, then many of the problems created by the Trump administration can quickly be corrected.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

-i thought hillary lost because of the less than $100,000 spent on russian facebook ads.
-this year might be different, but, i/m/o, until the voting polling places are located only next to bars and a 'selfie spot', young voters will not be the deciding factor.
-no idea who will win, but guess it will be decided by moms and minorities. if blacks vote 90%+ for biden and suburban moms have had it with his tweets, trump looses. if 15% or more of blacks, suburban moms become more worried about safety over tweets and the virus is more under control, trump wins.
-agree sea lion, some folks are still tired of career politician. don't agree with you about bernie.
-would be nice to actually see joe answer some questions, obviously not in the biden handlers playbook, but would still be nice.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

If trump spent half the effort on suppressing the virus as he is suppressing the vote, he'd have a shot at being re-elected.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

billryan wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:14 am
If trump spent half the effort on suppressing the virus as he is suppressing the vote, he'd have a shot at being re-elected.
You need to be a little more patient. It takes time to round up all the tests, destroy evidence and imprison doctors. This virus will disappear completely. Just like he said.