more on racinos

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
2royals
Forum Newbie

more on racinos

Post by 2royals »

I cannot play vp anymore at racinos. I just don't feel good about playing games like scratch-off tickets where winners are predetermined. I just get that uneasy feeling about it. Case in point: I've played 5-card Joker Poker in a racino in NY at least 5 times and have NEVER been dealt three-of-a-kind. Playing in AC and Foxwoods, I always get these hands. SOMETHING SMELLS ROTTEN IN DENMARK FOLKS!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Once you realize these are not VP games then it really shouldn't matter what you see as it is all meaningless. I once ran into some similar games in Washington and after about 1/2 hour I realized they weren't standard VP games. I was out of there immediately. It appears you've reached the same point. Good for you. Take your money where you have a better return.

macaroo
Forum Rookie

Post by macaroo »

I play racinos just for amusment.  You have to realize that the sole purpose of these organizations is to generate income to support the failing horse racing industry in NYS.  Without the added income, most live horse racing would be a distant memory.

pokeherguy

Post by pokeherguy »

Why is the horse racing industry failing?

macaroo
Forum Rookie

Post by macaroo »

Why is the horse racing industry failing?

My personal take on it is; The Sport of Kings is in serious trouble.  The sport is not attracting the younger generation.  Attendence is down, the take is down and the  purses paid out have dropped.  Without financial rewards, new blood is not coming in to take the place of the established ones as they die off or simply just quit. I have seen this process with my own eyes at the local Harness Race track.  With the added kicker from the racinos, purses are up, and the interest is renewed.  Whether this is temporary or enough to save the business stands to be seen.

bear4
Forum Regular

Post by bear4 »

I have to agree with macaroo.

I went to the local harness track this summer with a buddy who raced a few horses 20 years ago.  The first thing he said was "Look at these purses!  They are the same as they were when we were racing.  I couldn't pay the feed bills on these purses."

Ohio has no racinos ....horses left for Michigan and Pennslyvania......

No hope for Ohio racing.  Thisledown thouroghbreds are gone to Mountaineer and the new Presque Isle near Erie.

Ohio still sleeps. while the $$ leave the state.

valden

Post by valden »

too many religious fundamentalist.