bad players at the tables?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

bad players at the tables?

Post by stevel96a1 »

i always read/heard there are bad players at the table making bad bets all from betting on triple zero roulette wheels to doubling on hard 12 in BJ, but does it still ring true at the poker tables? if 2/3 of the poker players at the tables play poorly i or you or anyone else should clean up.

or does bad players only pertain to carnival games/table games?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

An old poker saying-
There is a sucker at every table and if you can't figure out who it is, it's probably you.
In the long run, people who play poorly will have bad results. If you are playing against them ,like in poker, you will have good results.
If you are playing with them, like in blackjack, it shouldn't affect your game very much.
A player who doubles down on a hard 12 will lose his money faster. In the long run, he won't affect you.
A simple example. Player has 15, dealer is showing a 5. If player hits, he gets card A and dealer gets card B. If he stays, the dealer gets card A. Which card do you want the dealer to get? A or B?

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

i guess doubling down on 12 was a bad example, how about doubling on 20 im sure it has happened, and the point i was making was there are bad players all around players betting on ties in baccarat, players playing triple zero roulette wheel and players playing the worst odds at craps, the question is do these players exist at the poker tables? and if so is it 2/3 or half the table filled with them?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I’ve seen very few dumb craps bets, and even those were made knowing full well that it’s an entertaining lark. Those people are old school wolves.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

I watch crap's as entertainment when i need a break. I see hard-eight bets and worse every single time.