Trump loses ratings war

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Trump loses ratings war

Post by billryan »

Two million more people watched Joe Bidens convention speech than watched donnie-boys.
In fact, every night of the Democratic Convention had higher ratings than the same night as the Republican one.
Many watchers of trump's speech were not happy with the inappropriate use of the White House.
Trump is tweeting about last night's success, ignoring the ratings, and claiming more people watched him.
Giving a seventy minute speech is quite a feat, but it certainly appears trump ran out of steam long before he wrapped it up.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

He has appeared much less fired up in the past few appearances, including the Oklahoma rally. Maybe the job is wearing on him.

I think it wears on anyone. Obama seemed to age a lot more in his first 4 years than Trump has, but he had an earlier start. Never really lost his spark, just had more grey hair and seemed to mature in the position over time.

Trump, on the other hand, is the same old Trump. Just a bit more tired.

felix

Post by felix »

I think Trump was more low key at the insistence of his advisors. His base loves his rants and his egotistical claims, but his base is safe even if he whispers his speech. His advisors know that he must draw in some of those in the middle if he is to win, and they are the ones who need to see a controlled, less frenzied, president.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Ignoring Rassmussen again today guys?
And the band played on.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

tech58 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:18 pm
Ignoring Rassmussen again today guys?
And the band played on.

I don't think that phrase means what you seem to think it does.
Carry on.