U.S. COVID deaths hit 200,000

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: U.S. COVID deaths hit 200,000

Post by billryan »

In a perfect world, I'd agree with you. I don't stand with either party, but if trump wins this time, I'm afraid America as we know it will be gone. The only solution is to get rid of him and if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

OK, fine. We agree to disagree.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Are we allowed to do that here? Proper protocol indicates you should say I'm suffering from nevertrumpsyndrome and remind everyone that if Biden wins black and brown people are going to move in next door.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:36 pm
Tedlark wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:51 pm
Eduardo wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:24 pm
Only an opinion of course, but I think a man in his position encouraging people to engage in actions that are known to exacerbate a deadly pandemic (translation: needlessly increasing the death toll) and downplaying the threat of the virus could fall into that category.
I culled out the part where you are on the track but still a fair bit away from the station.

In order for the above to be considered a criminal act (an act deemed injurious to the public welfare) it would also need to be prohibited.

To date; politicians are not prohibited from making lunkheaded statements. If they were prohibited from doing this, there would be more prisons in the United States full of lunkheaded politicians than there are schools.
trumps indoor rally in Henderson violated the Governors mandate and resulted in the facilities owner paying a huge fine to the city and a state investigation.
The facility owner allowed it to take place at THEIR facility, hence THEY were fined.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 pm
Tedlark wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:33 pm
People have grown used to things in today's world and they all didn't germinate with President Trump.

As I stated before: I look to me first and foremost for protection against contracting the Coronavirus COVID-19.

People who blindly follow do not only blindly follow politicians. The saying: "With great power comes great responsibility" has been forgotten by any number of famous people.
Great power corrupts greatly.
"With great power comes great responsibility" - Uncle Ben to Peter Parker.....

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Absolute power corrupts, but it's kind of cool.
Richard M Dixon.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Tedlark wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:23 pm
billryan wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 pm
Tedlark wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:33 pm
People have grown used to things in today's world and they all didn't germinate with President Trump.

As I stated before: I look to me first and foremost for protection against contracting the Coronavirus COVID-19.

People who blindly follow do not only blindly follow politicians. The saying: "With great power comes great responsibility" has been forgotten by any number of famous people.
Great power corrupts greatly.
"With great power comes great responsibility" - Uncle Ben to Peter Parker.....
Strange thing about that. Uncle Ben gets killed in the first appearance of Spider-Man and only has two lines in the comic, neither is that one.
In fact, no one says it but it is written in the last panel, as if said by some off-screen commentator.
Some ten years later, Spidermans origin is retold and slightly tweaked. In this new origin, Uncle Ben does say it, and so it is often attributed to him, although he is dead by the time the world first reads it.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Uncle Ben, Cliff Robertson, spoke those words in the movie "Spiderman." I guess this movie isn't on your list right after Silverado? I like Silverado by the way.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Spiderman was first published in 1962. Uncle Ben died without uttering those words. In Spiderman 94, he was retroactively credited with saying it.
There are three different Spiderman movie universes, none of which perfectly align with the comicbook Spiderman's universes. Comic scholars refer to this as The Omniverse. Of the thousands of potential universes, Cliff Robertson is Uncle Ben in one of them.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

billryan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:58 pm
In a perfect world, I'd agree with you. I don't stand with either party, but if trump wins this time, I'm afraid America as we know it will be gone. The only solution is to get rid of him and if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
You have it exactly backwards ! br , as per usual !!