Congrats to MikeA!

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
faygo
Video Poker Master

Re: Congrats to MikeA!

Post by faygo »

[QUOTE=cddenver] 
I bought a home theater system about 3 years ago and still haven't set it up correctly, because the wires for the rear speakers have to go up behind a wall, through my attic, and down another wall.  Plus the wall plate thingies.  I've been trying to think of a way to entice him to come out here and take care of it for me.

I wish I were up to a 550 mile drive out to the hills!  I'd do it in a second!

However, really CD, all you need is an electrician's wire "fish", maybe a keyhole saw and the guts to cut into the sheetrock of a finished wall!  The plates are dirt cheap.

I have needed a "fish" from the time I bought my first component stereo system back in 1968.  I broke down and bought one a couple of weeks ago off of eBay for $2.99 plus $7.50 I think.  It's definitely not the quality you'd find at Ace Hardware, but it cost a fraction of that Ace price.  And, since you don't use it as a homeowner every day like an electrician would, "cheap" is the order of the day!

Running wire up through a wall into the attic is a piece of cake.  You just crawl into the attic and find the wall header of the wall you are snaking wire to and drill a hole through it.  Cut your rectangular hole in the wall at the bottom,  and then run the fish down from the ceiling with someone down below to catch the end when it wiggles past the hole you cut.  Hook the wire onto it and yank it up into the attic.  Do the same thing on the other wall with another piece of wire and you have it "pulled".  Connect them with a plug in the center of the attic and you are finished.

Actually, I sort of enjoyed doing it.  I've tried using a coat hanger to thread wire underneath carpet and that is a REAL pain!
[/QUOTE]
It would be a lot simpler to just use a Mini-Me

Jack Havoc
Forum Rookie

Post by Jack Havoc »

Raises a glass.
Cheers to becoming a VP Master.
What a coincidence, a friend of mine just became a Jedi Master too.  lol

Have fun with all those new "Master Jedi" Poker Skills
"You will deal me a royal" (waves hand over machine)

Well done Mike.

~ Jack Havoc
Video Poker Padawan