Webman!

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Webman!

Post by olds442jetaway »

Hi Webman and fellow vp players. I am doing my best to keep the forum going by posting in different categories, but we seem to be losing ground with very few people posting. I know interest in VP overall May be waning a bit. I was just wondering what ideas you or others my might have to keep things moving and interesting.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

I believe a significant reason is folks who used to post here have migrated to the VideoPoker.com Players Unite Facebook group. Others started posting there and never began posting in the forum. Meanwhile, the number of members of VideoPoker.com has increased substantially the past few years. So, I don't think lack of interest in VP, or Keno, for that matter is the issue.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

O. Knew nothing about that. I don’t do Facebook

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:57 pm
O. Knew nothing about that. I don’t do Facebook
Olds, I found out about the FB group through a post by damule on June 9, 2020 in Anything and Everything. You must have missed it. Jim got Webman's consent to welcome forum members to join the FB group. If you search in the forum under damule, you will find his original post and replies.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thank You

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Is it true that the evolution of gambling forums is driven by a desire to get away from Bob?

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

dinghy wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:30 pm
Is it true that the evolution of gambling forums is driven by a desire to get away from Bob?
The posts in the FB group are mostly of peoples' big hits. Strategy questions are very rare. In fact, I can't recall any that would relate to Bob.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

OTABILL wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:02 pm
In fact, I can't recall any that would relate to Bob.
I don't know all the history, but iirc this forum added the recreational section as a safe space from the AP obsessives. And the more recent FB group is targeted to recreational players not wanting to wade through detailed math.

I think some people dislike when they post a jackpot pic and get unwanted commentary about the bad pay schedule, or an incorrect hold, etc.

As an AP myself, I usually try to tread carefully with such comments.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

dinghy wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:54 pm
OTABILL wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:02 pm
In fact, I can't recall any that would relate to Bob.
I don't know all the history, but iirc this forum added the recreational section as a safe space from the AP obsessives. And the more recent FB group is targeted to recreational players not wanting to wade through detailed math.

I think some people dislike when they post a jackpot pic and get unwanted commentary about the bad pay schedule, or an incorrect hold, etc.

As an AP myself, I usually try to tread carefully with such comments.
A little bit of history. Florida Phil was instrumental in getting the Recreational Forum established. As noted, he was eventually banned from this site as were several other purely recreational players. When the Recreational Forum began, a number of APs made the point they were "recreational players" in that they weren't pros. At the time, there was a lot of animosity and disdain, particularly aimed at Phil but also at other non-AP players. That has largely dissipated. End of story.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

OTABILL wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:55 pm
At the time, there was a lot of animosity and disdain, particularly aimed at Phil but also at other non-AP players. That has largely dissipated. End of story.
Phil's cornbread isn't done in the middle.

Sometimes a newer forum may attract participation because it doesn't have the scar tissue from prior vigorous discussion.