BestBet video poker youtuber

Chat it up with fellow Gold members on any subject in the private lounge.
Shwaba
Forum Newbie

BestBet video poker youtuber

Post by Shwaba »

Has anyone seen this guy on youtube?
Seems to only play DDB and TDB.
He had 4 machines locked up at one time in this video.
https://youtu.be/bWDsdxefkRc?si=1Y7A2PBLmv2jjI3g

What I'm I missing here? If I play either of these games I torch my bankroll.

This guy plays these as his bread and butter on live streams and hits consistently. I can't see this being sustainable at the high coin he plays. The swings make me feel sick. it sure is entertaining though.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

I don't think that you are missing anything. He had a lucky session (disclaimer- I didn't watch the whole thing).

Loaded with "mistakes". Either he doesn't know the correct plays or more likely he concedes a few tenths % EV with incorrect holds chasing the big hands....either way there are undoubtedly countless losing sessions that are deleted. BIG losing sessions.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

TT - he mentions several times over the course of this video that he knows he makes playing mistakes.

People who watch his videos need to remember 1 thing that may separate him from most average players, and that is: he plays $5.00 denomination machines and his bets are $50.00 a pop. A run of the mill 4OAK is an automatic hand pay. People get blinded by seeing the screen shots saying $2,500.00 JACKPOT ATTENDENT COMING. Not knowing the true cost of what it takes to his those jackpots.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

At least one of the viewers knows the real deal:
We go to Foxwoods all the time as we only live about 20 minutes away. I play VP while my wife plays slots. Driving me crazy as I haven't even been able to double up once in the last 30 visits while she hits jackpots left and right. I'm constantly losing while earning crap. I just don't get it. A long time since I have even been up at any point during a visit. If I went up even $20, I would walk out of there at this point.

daGrippa
Forum Newbie

Post by daGrippa »

I also play TDB or DDB if TDB isn't an option. I play for the big payouts, although I don't hold kickers. All-Star Poker II is my favorite, Double Super Times pay, TDB. My biggest win was 60K on $21 at Beau Rivage, although I'm told they took those machines out since. Headed to Vegas in March for the first time since 2020. Caesars and Harrah's is where I play. I look forward to seeing the changes since I was there last. Good luck everybody.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

daGrippa wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:44 pm
I also play TDB or DDB if TDB isn't an option. I play for the big payouts, although I don't hold kickers. All-Star Poker II is my favorite, Double Super Times pay, TDB. My biggest win was 60K on $21 at Beau Rivage, although I'm told they took those machines out since. Headed to Vegas in March for the first time since 2020. Caesars and Harrah's is where I play. I look forward to seeing the changes since I was there last. Good luck everybody.
Good luck to you out west.