Row, Row, Row, you're GOAT!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Row, Row, Row, you're GOAT!

Post by FAA »

Did you consider tailgating? The MNF telecast really conveyed a festive atmosphere in town. A Golden Knights player was the halftime guest, showing off the Stanley Cup. At least somebody in town is winning.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:15 pm
Did you consider tailgating?
With people? No.

I use an app to avoid traffic. I don't seek it out.

Don't care about Knights or Raiders unless I bet on them.

I should wrap up the trip. I clawed back a little of my losses, finishing about minus $2k, against $600 in earned points. My total action was on the lazy side, as I didn't detect ideal conditions to play hard for the drawing.

No jackpots, so you'll have to endure more food pics. Favorite meal was from Sushi Sake at Eldorado.

Poke bowl with salmon, red snapper and ahi:

Salmon skin rolls:

And Mount Fuji long rolls:

The caviar is called tobiko, from flying fish. What will fish think of next?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Just can’t do the Sushi, but I’ll take this Pepe’s Pie…..The buffet looks almost identical to an average one at Bizarro’s lounge. The only difference is theirs is indoors and they have carvers and servers when they reopened post Covid closing. They never reopened the general public buffet and now they have closed both food courts.
The car directly outside of Harrah’s Bingo Club is identical to my first car I bought for 20 bucks. Mine was painted with blue house paint. It was a 1953 Chevy. The one in your pic could be a 1954. The main difference is the taillights.
Attachments
IMG_1670.jpeg

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The car in back of the 54 Chevy looks to be a 1953 Ford and the car in front a 1957 Plymouth. Some of the cars in the other photo are mid 1930s and the Yellow cab looks to be a 1941. The Woodie parked outside of the bank marble Columns is extremely rare. I believe it is a 1941. Anyway, many these were the everyday cars on the road when I started school in the early 1950s. Just to finish the history lesson, hand held calculators didn’t become common till 20 some years after that.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:28 am
The car in back of the 54 Chevy looks to be a 1953 Ford and the car in front a 1957 Plymouth. Some of the cars in the other photo are mid 1930s and the Yellow cab looks to be a 1941. The Woodie parked outside of the bank marble Columns is extremely rare. I believe it is a 1941.
Thanks. I'm all mixed up on my dates. In that case, the color pic is older than the b&w.

This below should be near the same date as the color photo, but from the opposite angle:

I don't see any prominent advertising of bingo at Harrah's, so they must have gone back and forth on that. In the '30s apparently, the game was commonly known as tango, but that evolved or standardized to bingo.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ah ha! More cars. The first tow give or take a year are 1950 Dodge and 1950 Buick. Evidently no car washes back then out there. The other 2 are too blurry to identify, but are early/ mid 1950s. Our first b and w tv was a Crosley. Most will never have heard of it. It was a small table top model. In today’s money, that tv cost over 1,500 bucks.
Attachments
IMG_1673.jpeg
Last edited by olds442jetaway on Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:11 am
Evidently no car washes back then out there.
Ha ha, they conserved water before it was cool :D.