Row, Row, Row, you're GOAT!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
dinghy
Video Poker Master

Re: Row, Row, Row, you're GOAT!

Post by dinghy »

TripleTriple wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:15 am
I guess if you're only going to pull one flush in 76 opportunities, it may as well be the 10-low straight.
Yes, I noticed that too. That was an unusual pull.
FAA wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:35 am
Don’t spend it all in one place now, Ding!
Indeed! Overall, it's a low-volatility setup on a full-pay game, but the money drains fast when you get on a run of dealt crud.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Setup for the Italian festival was well underway Friday afternoon.

The Row has VIP tents on both sides of 4th street. I think each player received tickets for Saturday or Sunday but not both.

That's the bowling stadium in the background. The dome is supposed to look like a bowling ball, I guess. The Silver Legacy behind me has a bigger dome. It's not supposed to look like a bowling ball, but I guess it would have to :geek: .

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Disappointed the bowling venue was closed when I was there. My son's in laws are huge bowling family.

On the bright side, it looks like they set tents up where I nearly stepped on two or three homeless folks...they were- appropriately- in the gutter.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

dinghy wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:55 pm
Ordinary hotel room at Silver Legacy:
Looks to be the mirror image of ours. What do you think of the amount of drawer space?

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

onemoretry wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:56 am
What do you think of the amount of drawer space?
I guess it's just the bank of three in the center below the TV. Left compartment is the fridge, and right is the safe. The closet is standard.

I'm accustomed to flying either Spirit or Frontier with only a personal item allowed free, so I travel very light. I'd trade storage space in the room for a larger fridge.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

TripleTriple wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:42 am
On the bright side, it looks like they set tents up where I nearly stepped on two or three homeless folks...they were- appropriately- in the gutter.
I'm saving those photos for the "Hobo, Hobo, Hobo, you smell like a GOAT!" thread.

It'll be very respectful though :up: .

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

My 300 entries came up dry in the $50k drawing. They were unusually efficient, calling all 15 winners in one batch.

In his storied career, Ken has never been less annoying than he was tonight :up: .

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Confirmed, the 7 Stars tents are within close earshot of the loud music.

That'll keep me from overeating.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

0-300 is quite the bitter pill. 100 draws per drawer. At least racking up all those entries would guarantee the Bob Dancer seal of approval. Living that 7 Stars life!

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:20 am
At least racking up all those entries would guarantee the Bob Dancer seal of approval.
I haven't seen Bob. He's been somewhat of a regular at the Row, afaik.

For this particular drawing, the exact prize distribution was disclosed, and I estimated a low riggage probability because it was all electronic. Big question then was how many entries are in the drum. That's almost always the tough one.

I roamed around several times throughout the 10x earn period to see who was playing and what was being played. It was a mixed picture, but there was definitely some big action most notably in Eldorado high-limit, being inflicted by some serious-looking players. My final guess was 100k total entries, giving me 0.3% of the drum. With $50k in prizes, my share would be $150.

I could be really, really wrong about that.